fandabbidozey

by netclocker 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Undecided
    Undecided

What difference does it make when or if it's comming, we will keep living and dieing just the same and can't change a thing.

Ken P.

• mouthy
    mouthy

some dont believe it but others will check it out, it might help them, it might not, and others might already know it

I am the Granny on board - & I am giving you this advice in LOVE... I know many folks who have tried to do what your doing -convince people that you know it all. But believe me darling they ( most of them) ended up in the Mentally ill ward.It sounds to me as if your a JW who is trying to prove the date giving is acceptable. as was previously remarked by one of the above NOBODY!!! NOBODY knows!!!!it all--- it is a mystery. The only thing I know ( for me only) is that Jesus the Creator of the earth ( as the scriptures your asking us to read) says--- I am redeemed no matter what the heck happens,,, Take care dear -All I suggest you do is pray!!!! If you come back on board come back with a humble attitude NOT aggressive (((((HUG))) Grace

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

netclocker

abaddon mate how are you this fine morning. fandabbidozey comes from the crankies and its brittish tv, not english, and its a scottish word, your not one of them that goes about saying england won the war are you.

Nah, it's just last time I looked the British Broadcasting Corporation's Television Centre was in London, which although the capital of Britain is actually in England. The stuff the BBC do in Scotland is most definately Scotish, so the stuff the do in England is... ?

Just having fun; there are two statues in the middle of the Dutch city I live in, in memory of the liberators of the area in WWII. They're both dedicated to Highland Regiments... the elderly Dutch people in the area still remmeber who freed them from the Germans, and it wasn't the English...

random splicing now that would be like the witnesses do with the john class and the peter class. were things are brought together to look like somthing else. i have a problem with that, didnt somone tell you that joseph and david both prefigured jesus, so how can that be random splicing. theres nothing random about it, its common knowledge. and its common knowledge that they were all 30 except adam, so were does the splicing come into it, i havnt spliced anything i stated facts apart from adam being 30, becaucse the rest is in the bible.

By random splicing I mean you are assigning significance to certain repeated numbers or claiming certain numbers would repeat without distinct evidence for this. It's a form of the law of truly large numbers A good example is to be seen here; http://skepdic.com/lawofnumbers.html Scroll down and see the mystical bollocks Uri Geller comes up with about the number 11. Read the article. Grok it. Stop it. It just makes you look... a little... you know... for example...go here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Day_Theory See what bollocks people come up with?

im certainly not deluded or paranoid,

errr... would you know if you were?

and i dont think the world is out to get me,

Shows how much you know...

as for the caps lock what can i say, NOT THE END,

VERY DULL

since i first posted this about four years ago ive had it from all sides, but the bit you miss is that other people can see it.

On this basis Jehovah's Witnesses have a good argument, as they can make 'other people see it' too.

and after my post was up for a few weeks, someone adds the bit about jewish law stating that a man is under his father till he is 30, so he saw it, because i didnt know that, but i do now,

But you ignore; 1/ Adam was never 30, not in a meaningful fashion 2/ He was not a Jew. (Just making sure you don;t miss the point... ) Thus your whole hypothesis about 30 etc. is blown out of the water. Does this change a thing? Nope. You carry on like a little Duracell Bunny. If someone ignores their theory had crashed and burned, but acts like it hasn't, then, well, you're ignoring reality mate. Like I say, would you know if you were deluded? Imagine a friend pointed out how a number of people born on the same day (but different years) had died the same way... and how this "MEANT" something. You look at the evidence, and find that we don't know the date of birth of one of them. Traditionally he was said to be a Sagitarian, and your friend is assuming he was born on the 9th December, just because. But then you note the guys being discussed was from Fiji, where they don't have the same Zodiac or even anything remotely like it. If your friend kept on insisting, despite the gaping hole in his theory, that 'it meant something', would you think he had a sound theory? If he kept on about it despite the fact he knew it had massive holes in it, would you think he was 'all present and correct', or in danger of being 'one sandwich short of a picnic'?

but if lots people started posting positve remarks about it tommorow would you start to change your mind.

No, because it fails as a hypothesis at the first fence. It's like the chap who insisted train travel wasn't possible as people would suffocate from the "air pressure" if they went faster than 30 miles and hour (this is true)... great hypotheisis, but people had ALREADY resisted "air pressure" equivalent to moving at 30 miles and hour... WHEN IT WAS WINDY. The hypothesis is wrong and not worthy of any further consideration. And also, so what what people think of something? People thinking something is a good idea or not has NOTHING to do with whether it is real. Hell, a certain percentage of people who read the Da Vinchi Code think it's a great hypothesis. The fact the Holy Grail/Sange Royal theory falls over due to a mistranslation that was perpetuated means many people can think it is a great idea, and say positive things... but it would still be WRONG. The truth of a theory is not determined by a clap-ometer. Get real!

have you ever actually read a bible.

Yes. Have you? Tell me, what's the meaning of Number 31: 15-18? Anything noteworthy or significant about that?

why do you believe that the pyramids were built 500 years before the flood, is it somthing your happy with or just somthing you picked up on the discovery channel.

My, that's arrogant. What make YOU sure YOU know? You read a Dubbie book? Or the Bible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pyramid_of_Giza Believed by mainstream egyptologists including Mark Lehner and Dr. Zahi Hawass to have been constructed in approximately 20 years, the most widely accepted estimate for its date of completion is c. 2580 BC .
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah%27s_ark

According to Archbishop Ussher's calculations the flood took place around 2348 BC. However, widely differing dates have been calculated by various methods. Some conservative scholars have more recently arrived at the date of 2522 BC.[1]

According to the Book of Jubilees, the flood occurred in 1309 Anno Mundi, and the Exodus in 2410 A.M. While the dates in Jubilees do not correspond with the Masoretic recension of Genesis, they do agree with the Samaritan version, which is arguably older. If one were to calculate the date of the flood from this, assuming that the Exodus occurred in 1208 BC, one arrives at the year 2309 BC.

Please also note that this is not the sole piece of evidence the Flood didn't happen. If you'd like another pyramid, there's the pyramid of Hellinikon in Greece (2,720 BC), but there are various other human structures which COULD NOT have survived a Flood that date to BEFORE the Flood and therefore there COULDN'T have been a flood as described in Genesis. I can also give you trees that are 4,700 years old and still alive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristlecone_pines) as proof there was no flood as described in Genesis. The total absence of evidence FOR the flood and the presence of evidence aganist the flood tend to point to it NOT HAPPENING. And no matter how many people think one way or the other, that's what the facts point to. Please not I use Wikipedia as it's quick, simple, universally assessable and free. I can easily give more authoratative references but you really don't need to bother - I only use an open source reference if I am extremely sure (from professional sources) that the information provided is accurate.

Now the interesting thing will be if you IGNORE the FACT the flood DIDN'T happen. We might have a bit of a trend here, given you ignoring your previous hypothesis has been comprehensively rubbished. If this is the case, and you do ignore the facts, I suggest seeking those of like mind at the Flat Earth Society; http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm - they've been ignoring facts for ages and could do with the company...

ill wish you good night as its getting on but before i go is this randon splicing.

Oh yes, it is if you say it's got anything to do with the Bible or the end of the world, or any other such extraordinary claim that doesn't have extraordinary evidence behind it. All you will do if you prophecy (or hint suggestively) the end of the world, or whatever, is be wrong, just like EVERYONE else who's done it before you.

a hole in the ozone layer 3 times th size of australia,

Well, we KNOW how that happened.

a 30% drop in the sperm count that is being blamed on all the micro waves,...that they want to increase,

Evidence, proof, sources... I know sperm counts have gone down but am interested in your claim regarding microwaves. But microwaves or no, the generality of 'why' is known.

thousands of species that have dissapeared,

Species disappear all the time, but we know why so bloody many have gone recently

a change in the world climate that they know will get worse.

And we know why it has changed... and will change... See? Random splicing. ALL those four 'signs' are due to industrialisation and massive population growth. They don't MEAN anything. As more scientific discoveries were made, sceintific discoveries could be made faster. Like Newton said, we "stand on the shoulders of the 'giants' that went before us". Man's knowledge has expanded exponentially. Three or four hundred years ago it was possible for a person with a great mind to know a significant proportion of what there was to know. Now we don't have such amazing polymaths. To be an expert in one field takes decades of study, as the corpus of human knowledge has become vast, Certain discoveries were 'thresholds' which allowed development in fields never possible before. Like electricity - skads of things can't be invented until someone gets around to harnessing electricty properly. Hell, we've barely been flying 100 years and we've already made it to the moon. The internet is a barely decade old in it's most familar form, and is now an everyday tool. Medical advantages lead to life-spans increasing and infant mortality falling. This lead to population growth. Add in steam power, the internal combustion engone, and wheeeee! We only waited until 1914 to have a World War because it wasn't logistically possible before! But given our advances in knowledge and technology, and the growth in human population, to expect no environmental damage is silly. Because it all happened so quickly we made mistakes. No one ever even thought about the ozane layer being damaged, or the climate changing, or contaminants from modern industrial society effecting fertitlity, as we were too busy playing with our new toys and didn't have the experience to use foresight, not having been through such a period (of break-neck technological development, industrialisation, urbansiation and populatiojn growth) before. But for all the problems, people live longer, even in the poorest countries, than ever before. People's standard of living even in the poorest countries is higher than ever. The average level of education, even in the poorest countries, is still higher than ever before. Women and people of all races have equal rights where there were none before. We have developed the idea of 'human rights' where before your rights were what the local king or priest felt they should be. I'm sorry you can't see the good for the bad.

You knitting together a set of things (all caused by the same factors), and then groping around to assign some 'other' meaning unconnected to those factors, is, well -you're perfectly entitled to do it, but LAST generation other people were doing it, and every fricking generation before that. Get some perspective man. Did you know there are Assyrian clay tablets that basically say "God, young peolpe nowadays, no respect for their elders, and the price of balm has plummetted, and there's the war with the Babylonians... the end of the world is nigh"!!!! Essentially, every generation is so self-obsessed and navel gazing, filled with their own importance and convinced that 'it can't get any worse', they end up making the dire prophecies that get laughed at two hundred years later. They are so unable to comprehend the world that will remain after they are gone they assume that it can't contiune without them, that things could not change more, or that if they do it isn't for the good, etc. I would urge you to break this cycle of silliness, stop staring at your navel, stop playing silly number games anyone could assign mystical signficance to, and accept the world is likely to survive you with enough of the human race to continue for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Of course there will be change. Get over it. Be part of it.

and thats leaving the bible out of it take your pick. if you dont beleive in god the only hope is hollywood, mabey thell get bruce willis and sly stalone to baille us out. try this out

Which god? What makes you think the Bible is more accurate than, say, the Book of Mormon, or the Qua'ran, or Guru Nanak, or the Bhaghadvavita? Whatever you believe you seem to ignore people believe in other gods with just as much certainty and faith as you. You only believe what you believe because of where you were born. Most people never change their beliefs from those they are born into. Why should you 'be saved' or have it easy just because you happened to be born in a Bible-reading country? "Ignorant" people who were born elsewhere and have equally sincere beliefs, who live peacefully with their neighbours, would seem to be punished for something they could not change, or at least have thing unfairly twisted against them. Is god unfair or mean. Have you read the Bible? Maybe you can tell me... but it sounds like whatever your involvement with JW's was, far too much of their pathology of belief stuck to you. "I am right becaue I say I am right" is a dumb argument.

• netclocker
    netclocker

abaddon hows your fingers.

just as was about to begin, ive been way laid by somthing funny im going to look into. but ill be back next week.

in the mean time ill leave it with you, probably right up your street anyway

http://www.uncommonforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=82338

netclocker

• netclocker
    netclocker

im still here abbadon but have seriosly damaged my sholder so typing will have to wait, will get back to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit