The GB, Evil incarnate, or just trapped like the rest?

by daystar 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inquirer
    inquirer

If I could, I'd argue with this Russell runt -- I'd have a two words or three to say to him! I'd say "thanks for runining people's lives, you runt." It all went downhill since Chuck died. :(

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Third explanation: Crazy.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I think Kid-A pretty much nailed it.

• Ticker
    Ticker
    But todays GB? Just a bunch of "company" men, towing the party line. There really hasnt been anything new on the theological front for decades now and the policies have been

stagnant since Franz, with the exception of allowing certain "blood fractions"....Todays GB, just overseeing the WTS running on automatic pilot.

They have to remain stagnant or risk losing millions to disillusionment when they have to scrap more time trapped doctrines. They will hang on with same old theology as long as they can before imploding in on themselves. They have to bite the bullet eventually though.

Ticker

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't think that Jaracz can impose himself on the GB and the GB being the top authority can easily change all the rotten ideas in this org but they don't because it's not in their interests to do so. Remember the dubs are mind conditioned to accept everything they present as the truth.

• inquirer
    inquirer

Big Dog,

I think Kid-A pretty much nailed it.

Inquirer -- I agree!

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I think most of them know this annointed thing is bogus, that's why they couldn't care less about all the supposedly annointed brothers around the world, and what they have to say. The newer ones I think might be more open minded and just say they're annointed to go along with the charade, and they are just waiting for the old fogies older GB members to croak pass away, so they can make major changes, although I think the whole thing is pretty much doomed.

So yes I think they are Evil.

IC

• Dansk
    Dansk

Most are old and frightened that if they rocked the boat they'd be turfed out like Raymond Franz. A comfortable lifestyle is of more importance to them than expounding the REAL truth.

It's the same with the really old elders in the congregations. How many are likely to change the habits of a lifetime, even if they have some doubt? That's what makes Raymond Franz's actions deserving of praise.

On learning of my reasons for exiting Watchtower one elderly elder promised me that he'd look into the 607BCE date. That he'd look in publications other than Watchtower. He said whatever he found he'd get back to me. He never did! I can only surmise the truth of what he found was too much for him. How would he and others in their 80s feel at being ostrasised at their age? They wouldn't be able to cope. JWism has, in the main, been their whole life. And if they have family in it it's even worse.

The younger ones who are taking over from the GB have no excuse. They KNOW the truth about the garbage they espouse and are young enough to do something about it. Sure it would be painful for them to come out into the open - but look at all the pained souls here! It takes courage to admit you've been wrong. It takes even greater courage to admit you've wronged others. I just hope that one day some higher up in Watchtower will display that courage.

Ian

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Actually, I don`t think so: Let`s look back at the last 30 years. How many real fundamental changes have there been? The stopped talking about the "6000 years of mans existence approaching the millenium" - thing after 1975. Then they really had to make a major, fundamental change in 1995, but this change they had to make! And when they did, they did it so quietly and subtle that most didn`t even realise that a change had taken place! And the UN-thing was never meant to be discovered by anyone, those dorks probably thought they could keep the membership a secret for all eternity. The top dogs in this "religion" has realised that people actually are getting smarter. If they were to make a fundamental change now, they would loose a lot of members, so they won`t. The 1914 - doctrine stays where it is, with 607 and all, as well as "the annointed", and all the other crap.

• blondie
    blondie

I think Russell was sincere but misguided.

I think Rutherford was a power hungry, manipulator who might have really believed (and his ghost writer Fred Franz) been a true believer. He spent most of his life attacking the Catholic Church which he held responsible for his prison time.

Knorr and the rest had so much time invested in the WTS, they definitely had no where to go. Some GB members abused their authority and others spent their time trying to dilute that (not much different from how a body of elders operates).

If they thought there were any problem(s), they actually "waited" for God to fix it.

No individual or even several GB members have the power to change the WTS which is an entity with a personality and presence larger than the sum total of the GB members. You could switch out ever GB member and the problems in the WTS would remain.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit