WHAT DOES HAPPEN AFTER DEATH????

by chuckyy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I am open on this subject but one point I'd like to pick up on is the pat answer from sceptics that this is all trickery. Do clairvoyants go to some secret trickery school like Hogwarts? A degree in advanced observation in body language?

The arguement doesn't hold water, as many clairvoyants work over the telephone, or just from an article a person has posessed.

• fairchild
    fairchild

I *think* that there is something or someone "out there". And I also believe that there are people who can predict your future.

Explain this one if you like..

The year was 1991. I was about to make a short trip overseas. A friend of mine went to a "claivoyant" because she wanted to know if her relationship with her current boyfriend had a chance or not. She wanted me to go with her, just for the company. While she was talking to this woman, I was sitting in a corner of the room, being as quiet as I could. All of a sudden the woman turned to me and said.... "I see water, lots of water, looks like the ocean". I didn't say anything, as I didn't know whether I was supposed to answer to that or not. She then said "I see you going back and forth over the water, back and forth and then you go one more time and you never come back again".

Again, I was planning on making a short trip overseas. No more and no less. Little did I know that during the next 3 years I would make 6 different trips overseas. My last trip was in October of 1994. She was right, I never went back home.

Unless she made an extremely lucky guess which seems very unlikely to me, she could not possibly have used any tricks here.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

fertilize flowers

• Laborde2005
    Laborde2005

After death is simply just a state of sleep. If you read in John 11:11, it is a story of how Jesus raises Lazarus from death. Jesus speaks of how Lazarus was only sleeping(not in heaven or not in hell), just a state of unconciousness.

You can also in Ecclesiastes 9:5. There is speaks of how the living know that they shall die, but the dead know nothing.

In John 14:25. It states that people will raise out of the graves(not from heaven or hell).

And don't you think that with all the resurrectin that Jesus performed that someone would of had something to say about heaven, if they would of went there.

Death is just a sleep that is awaiting for Jesus to come back and "judge the living and the dead." 2 Timothy 4.

• greendawn
    greendawn

We can never be sure about what happens after death since the souls of the dead saints in Revelation are under God's throne.Perhaps some really worthy Christian saints never really taste death.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Laborde:

Death is just a sleep that is awaiting for Jesus to come back and "judge the living and the dead." 2 Timothy 4.

That`s the JW-view. Nothing wrong with that, had it only been logical. If there is no soul, nothing that keeps "the self" intact, if the soul is just the blood! (blood cells) - which is the JW-view, then there is nothing to raise up from the dead. In the ground, the body, all the cells, including the blood, rots, until is has disappeared. A century after death, all that is left is a skull and some bones. If there was no soul, nothing to keep the self intact, "raising the dead" would mean re-creation. In ther words, the raised body would be a copy of the former self. If the body was to have the memories of the former self, God would have to plant these memories into the new body. However: If there was a memory to be planted in the new body, voila: There you have the soul. So the JW-view on this is ridicolous for any thinking person.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

However: If there was a memory to be planted in the new body, voila: There you have the soul. So the JW-view on this is ridicolous for any thinking person.

Hellrider,

The correct way to state this would be "There you have the spirit" not there you have the soul. We should be careful how we use words. What then is this spirit? It would contain wnatever information (memory, DNA, etc.) was essential to perform such re-generation.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit