Are ALL scriptures inspired by GOD?

by plmkrzy 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Translate this scripture slightly differently and a very plausible meaning comes forth.

ALL SCRIPTURE that IS INSPIRED OF GOD IS BENEFICIAL FOR.......

Do you see the difference?

On such subtle shading often does genuine meaning lie.

T.

• startingover
    startingover

Defd,

One thing that is apparent from your comments that you have not learned to "think outside the box". You make many dogmatic statements and then when someone offers you something that may bring into question what you believe, you excuse yourself from examining it by saying you have no interest in it.

There was a time in my life that I would have made statements just like you do. At that time, not only didn't I know how to think outside the box, I NEVER CONSIDERED THE POSSIBILITY THAT THERE WAS A BOX!

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Once someone can supply some form of evidence that the bible is GOD's word, I will gladly start to believe agian. In order for me to believe that there is an almightly creator and that the chrisitian bible is all true I need atleast something other than "faith". I led a good part of my life by "faith" and it got me nowhere! To me, living with the belief that the bible is infalliable is taking the same attiude that the Borg is infalliable. Just because the bible says it's the word of GOD doesn't mean that it is. The governing body says they have the "truth" and we all no that to be a lie!

In my humble opinion of course.

Show me the PROOF !!!

Clayton

"Brothers dont shake hands brothers got to hug"

• Terry
    Terry
    Show me the PROOF !!!

Come now, only rational people who think for themselves demand proof of assertions outside ordinary experience. You'll cripple your ability to be persuaded that impossible things lurk round every corner and life will lose its magic. You'll soon lose that child-like ability to lapse into a mental compartment of denial whenever things don't go your way and you'll have no refuge in delusion. Such a state will compel you to live life as though it were real, immediate and ephemeral! You'll miss out on the dawdling procrastination that follows from accepting eternal life as your option if you appease the invisible friend in the sky. In the end, you will have to earn your life well-lived through the efforts of your own determination and achievements and not lie back and wait for manna and ambrosia from the netherworld.

Your life will be real and your legacy will be actual; your purpose having been of your own choosing. How can you choose THAT over the infantile drool of mystical authority figures who demand your every moment of servitude be squandered on their version of alternate reality???

Tsk tsk.

Terry

• gumby
    gumby

Come now, only rational people who think for themselves demand proof of assertions outside ordinary experience. You'll cripple your ability to be persuaded that impossible things lurk round every corner and life will lose its magic. You'll soon lose that child-like ability to lapse into a mental compartment of denial whenever things don't go your way and you'll have no refuge in delusion

.......yada yada yada.

You'll also end up just like Terry.... who has a wonderful future in store for him with all kinds of blessings that await him. These future blessings are what drives him, gives him hope and gives life meaning. Afterall.....what could be better than having the truth that you and I are an accident and that there is no loving creator who has a purpose in your life and that someday you will cease to exist for eternity. There's nothing better than living life as a non-believer........just ask these people....they'll tell ya.

Gumby

• Undecided
    Undecided

Ok Gumby,

You have confirmed it, there is no good comforting answer to life, we are here and have no idea why.

Oh! I just figured it out, my mon and dad had good sex one night at the Columbus, Ohio convention in 1935 just nine months before I was born.

Ken P.

• poppers
    poppers

I am not sure who originally said it, though I know that Father Thomas Keating has used it, but my favorite quote about god is: Silence is the language of god. Everything else is a poor translation. That being said, scripture could be said to be a poor translation - look at the mess it has created.

• Satanus
    Satanus

ICB

an ingenious invention of the Romans to take power away from the Jews. In this way it became possible to subdue a group of people who were uprising against the Romans, get them to be like sheep, obeying the authorities, pay their taxes,

I suppose it could be possible. It is interesting that after that, it came to be used as a tool to subdue the whole of europe. I see it as a plague, if created by rome, which turned on it's creators. As such, it destroyed all the indigenous cultures and dragged the continent into a cultural black hole, the dark arges. How ironic.

S

• gumby
    gumby
    it's very hard to dismiss, the possibility that Christianity as we know it, was an ingenious invention of the Romans to take power away from the Jews.

Yea....that's it! A buncha Romans got together.....then some decided to dress up like Jews and mix in with the real Jews untill they gained some respect of other Jews.....then these deciever/ disguisers slowly introduced this Jesus guy to a buncha other jews.... and that's how it all began. Gee.......how simple can it be.

Gumby

• proplog2
    proplog2

The Bible is a hodge podge of inconsistencies. It is coherent only to those who make a decision that it IS the word of God. That decision is made a priori.

It is easier for me to think of the Bible something like DNA. It has been copied over and over. In the process certain things were added in because they seemed important at the time. Once something was considered important it continued to be replicated. This commitment has resulted in a very interesting record of the priestly caste of the Jews.

At the same time there are several books and events where individuals seemed to have received extraterrestial visitors who in turn gave them revelations. Although the Watchtower interpretations are completely incoherent my personal interpretations seem to be statistically outside the realm of mere chance.

I believe the prophecies in the Bible are the way our extraterrestial brothers can assist us in a minimal way to make it through the transition from a Nation/Boundary oriented world to a united cooperative planet. This is a cultural evolutionary process that has probably occurred on countless planets that have evolved living organisms.

The purpose of the establishment of the Israelite nation was to have a context for the appearance of the Messiah. Jesus became a new paradigm- Self sacrifice and rejection of nations with geographical boundaries. He pointed to the sky as a new organizing principle. The ground is green = selfish. The sky is blue and unifying. Everyone shares the same sky. Jesus knew that he was merely planting the seeds of survival and that his followers would revert to nationalism. He did this just in time when the temple was destroyed. The temple, sitting on a geographical location toward which all Jews prayed, represented the narrow nationalistic view.

The great tribulation is a series of events that results in the total collapse of the old Nation/Boundary orientation. Jehovah's Witnesses claim allegiance only to the Kingdom of the Sky. They are unique in this. All other religions give their allegiance to their own country. Because of this they will survive the great tribulation and become an example for the rest of the world.

I have posted my interpretation all over this board.

Babylon the Great = USA (wealthiest entity on earth)

Wild Beast = Russia (It died as the Soviet Union in 1991 and will shortly dominate the world)

The Great Tribulation starts with a Russian bomb(s) exploding in New York and perhaps other cities. Yes Russian bomb but it will be blamed on terrorist.

JW's will discern that the USA is Babylon the GReat. They will flee to their brothers in other lands.

After a short interval the USA will figure out that Russia was the real source of the attack.

Russia will finish off the USA pre-emptively.

Russia will survive to dominate the whole world.

Many will join Jehovah's Witnesses because it will be clear that they survived the destruction of the USA.

This will anger Putin who will threaten the rest of the world with nuclear black mail if they don't exterminate these so-called blessed survivors.

Yes Putin is the anti-christ. He is the stern faced king (look at him) who is a master of deception (KGB Spy) who became powerful but not by his own power (never held political office before Yeltsin appointed him.)

JW's are wrong in all the right places. Their ignorance and unfulfilled expectations were necessary to get them to work hard to produce a new nation (without boundaries). Their weird requirements (blood,holidays etc.) served the same function as the old law - to create a semi-permeable boundary to protect the emerging brotherhood.

Their work is done in the USA. It is obvious. You can never get more than 1 out of a 100 people to join a group that requires such an investment in time and energy. They have finished their work. It remains for the great tribulation to start at which time they too will be humbled by the real "truth".

Fantastic? Ridiculous? We'll see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit