Are ALL scriptures inspired by GOD?

by plmkrzy 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

In mho, no.

I am guessing that everything in the bible is based on " a human need" I’m only guessing.

If we could figure out how to blot out all the insignificant crap garbage’ (I believe a lot was written/added that wasn’t supposed to be: “Do not go beyond what is written”.) and leave what really counts, the bible would probably be reduced to 1 or 2 book/books.

What book do you think would most likely prevail as the one true and most accurate writings? OR the one book that would make “the” difference in your belief.

P.S. The Song of Solomon doesn’t count.

We could also wipe out several books by eliminating 1 author.

I’ve been told to start with the book of John, when reading the bible from start to finish, giving the reader a clearer understanding of scripture... perhaps. I haven’t tried that yet but plan to…someday.

I do realize that the verse “Do not go beyond what is written”. Can take on a lot of meanings, I just believe it includes writing stuff that’s unnecessary.

plum

• defd
    defd

Yes

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Thats cheating! But anyway...how can you say yes when there are so many that,...don't make no sense?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Men decided what went into the Bible canon.. so I doubt it was all inspired in the form we have it today.

Don't get me wrong - I love the Bible, and read it often. I am a Christian, now that I left the witness cult. I am first of all a follower of Christ.

I certainly think it is a good book to identify morals that God would approve. But many things can be twisted, misapplied, or misinterpretted. Of course we all know that - we were witnesses and manipulated by the best weren't we?

Jeff

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

how do you know if a book is inspired?

was every single word inspired? what about the translators?

how does inspiration work?

were the compilators of the LXX inspired?

were the masoretes inspired?

was the catholic priest who compiled the first christian canon inspired?

was luther inspired?

is the aethiopic orthodox canon more inspired than the catholic canon?

is the protestant canon inspired? or is the syriac canon?

when source words have different semantics, which translation was most inspired?

if not everything is inspired, where's the list of inspired verses?

why does paul explicitly state that he's writing his own thoughts, not the "lord's"?

do your research on how the canon was made and on how many other non-canonical christian and jewish texts exist. check out earlychristianwritings.com and earlyjewishwritings.com

you'll also be surprised about the authors. there's virtually no authentic book in the bible. authentic as in author = claimed authority.

• Bryan
    Bryan

That scripture - "All scripture is inspired" - was written before the cannon was chosen. How would the author of that scripture know the cannon and if all the books in it were going to be inspired?

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

another interesting point: just a few verses before "all scripture is inspired..." you can read about "jannes and jambres".

we all know jannes and jambres from the drama casettes... but go and search those names in the OT.

well, save your time, you won't find them. because "jannes and jambres" are figures from extra-canonical sources. inspired?

• defd
    defd

Thats cheating! But anyway...how can you say yes when there are so many that,...don't make no sense? Which ones dont make sense? D,

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

a father killing his son only because he can't forgive his other children the evil act of eating a fruit...

a loving father (and that's what the bible claims god to be) would first of all not be angry about his children trying to be like him. and if they would do something really bad, he'd probably forgive them without killing another child, don't you think?

or does this all make sense?

• gumby
    gumby

I just want to say his to the Plummer and hi to her "two buddies " I've always admired

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit