My daughter didn't speak to me

by MsMcDucket 16 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

As you know, my twin daughters, recently got baptised. They are now shunning me. I hadn't seen them in person for about 3 weeks. Today, my youngest daughter had to play in the orchestra. Well, after the play, I was standing with my grandson waiting for my youngest daughter, and who do I see, one of the twins. She made sure that I could see her. I didn't know what to do. I did send my grandson over to say hello to his aunt. She did pick him up and kiss him and what not....but she didn't say a word to me. I didn't say anything either. Isn't it crazy that you can raise a child and worry about them every single day, and they have the nerve to not speak to you after they join this religion?

It was truly a sad moment. I guess that I have many more to come.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((Ms McDucket))))

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. I hope that your twins will eventually realise what an important role you play in their lives and stop this ridiculous shunning.

Miss Peaches

P.S. I've been meaning to welcome you to the community but haven't so far! So welcome!

• horrible life
    horrible life

(((((((HUGS))))))) We are the same age, but I only have 1 daughter age 14. I just can't imagine. I reread your #4 post, introducing yourself.

I am going to say something, please keep in mind 2 things, that I only had 3 hours sleep last night, and worked today, and #2, My parents were the most selfish humans alive. If I was starving, they would offer me a dollar, to get a small hamburger.

It seems to me that the girls are very very much like mine, spoiled. You have provided them with everything they needed to turn to the JW's. They were being horrible, so you gave them the moon, and shooed them out, into the JW's open arms.

There was an article somewhere here, that showed a JW hurricane victim, taken in by JWs and then passed on to another family, then they kicked them out. The witnesses are not going to raise your daughters. Oh, they will talk, about how they will take care of them, but it won't last long. How would you like to dish out money, and keep extra people hanging around all of the time. It gets old. You want your own family, and privacy back.

Take back your treasures. Make them listen to you, and research, for each gift to be given back. Example, for the VA check, make them research the 607 dates. That is only 1 month. New check next month, new subject.

Car insurance payment, Get the JW's to pay for it, or have them look in to the UN scandal. HL I so hope I haven't offended you. I'm not like that.

• kool aid man
    kool aid man

So sorry to hear of the treatment you are getting from your children. Mr. KOOL AID MAN and I have five children, two of whom are still active Witnesses. We were in the grocery store not long ago when our daughter, a regular pioneer, saw us and walked away. Several people were standing there when I said " aren't you going to even say hello to your parents?". She just kept walking away. Our oldest daughter sent us a letter telling us she wants nothing to do with us any more. This hurt us deeply as she is also the mother of our oldest grandson whom we have also heard just got baptized. All of this simply because we found out too many things about the organization and stopped attending meetings. Try to stay strong, even though it hurts, because we all know that the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses has a lifelong record of breaking families apart.

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME to the Forum!

And welcome to the 'hurt by your children club', MsMcDucket. I say this just to let you know you are not alone by far. There is actually some comfort in knowing that others here know EXACTLY what you're going through!

Most of us joined the religion because we thought it was the truth, thereby wanting what was best for our children. Now, knowing we were duped, we still want to do what is best for them by getting them OUT! However, as a good fellow exJW said to me only yesterday, WE can never get anyone out. THEY have to see it for themselves and WANT to come out!

I pray your children will see the truth about Watchtower for themselves and rejoin you - as I do for everyone else here, including myself!

Ian

• Legolas
    Legolas

((((HUGS))))

Welcome to the board.

I am sorry that you have to go through this

• vitty
    vitty

My husband and I are fading, we leave an adult daughter still in this cult, im terrified shell start to shun us when she finds out we dont go anymore.

What did we do all those years ago when we thought we were doing the right thing for our family and kids !!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see hope, MrsMcDuckett. JW's have a very crowded life, most of it taken up with Armageddon-avoiding activity. Now that they are baptized, your twin girls are no good for brownie points at the hall.

The witnesses are not going to raise your daughters. Oh, they will talk, about how they will take care of them, but it won't last long.

I agree with horrible life. Very soon these girls are going to be dumped. Start making plans under what conditions you will accept them back, and what behaviour you will not tolerate.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

I can't think of strong enough words to say how horrible it feels to have immediate family, flesh and blood, reject you for religion. In my case, the shunning is reverses - my parents shunning me.

Here's something to keep in mind - the written guidelines from the WT do not tell JW family members to be so severe in their association when living in the same household. Although WT rules indicate that you are no longer their 'spiritual' head, you are still their parent. They should show proper respect to you. It might not hurt to place copies of WT guidelines on how to treat DF'd family members conspicuously around your home, highlighting appropriate points. Always let them know that you have not closed the door of your heart to them. Your daughters are only doing what they have been told is the right thing to do to make you come grovelling back to the WT. It is an emotional/psychological ploy.

It breaks my heart to know that your children are treating you so poorly.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I'm so sorry to hear about that, but unfortunately that's what the watchtower trains their members to do. It cuts to bone when you're being shunned, especially by family members. The same thing has been going on for me for the past ten years. It's disgusting ! That's why I always expose the Watchtower for what they are at every oportunity.

Best Wishes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit