My daughter didn't speak to me

by MsMcDucket 16 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

If they are True Blue witlesses, then they will grow true to breed: In all things they will know the cost of everything and the value of none. MONEY is always the bottom line.

Stop giving them money, because now they are presumably independent, it is not necessary to do business with them by giving them money.

This one will hurt: Don't buy them or any of their children presents, don't ecourage your grand children to associate with them. Tell the children about all the horrible things Jehovah does to people who don't want to be nasty like the JWS.

HB (of the "Heart Broken class")

OXO

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((MrsMcDucket)))

I am so-o-o-o-o sorry to hear you are being shunned by your own daugher. You are not alone, however. I too am shunned by my daughter, who is an adult. She did not invite me to her wedding. I stopped by to see her at work one day and she spoke harsh words to me about not contacting her again.

I remember she is full of fear. It's not that she doesn't love me, because I know she does. Thinking from her viewpoint, she is afraid of me now, feeling that since I left the organization that I am not the same loving, caring mom she knew. Now I might not be in control of my own faculties, I might even be demonized! Isn't that what the religion teaches? Isn't that what I taught her?

I pray for her every day, knowing she will peer through the cracks in the organization and find a safe place to run to on the outside of that fear-based, controlling religion. And she does have somewhere safe to run---meee!!! I know one day she will reclaim her power and her free will.Because I did!

I know your daughter has the tools to leave, too. Because you did!

Message me if you want someone to talk with.Sounds like we have lots in common.

Love and light,

ESTEE

• avengers
    avengers

I can relate.

Things do change though. Don't under estimate your kids.

Shows also how the Witch Tower cares about families.
    NOT.

Andy.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day MsMcDucket and WELCOME aboard!

So many of us can relate to your experience. As avengers has said "Things do change". It may take some years but in the end you may find that, as they say, "Blood is thicker than water".

In the meantime, don't play their game, i.e. the WT-directed game, and remember that you haven't DFed them. It's they who are doing the shunning. By avoiding them you only make it seem as they you're partaking in their silly games. So carry on as normal. If there's no response, then it's on their part, not yours.

I hope you find a lot of support here on JWD - at least you'll see that it's not just you, but there are thousands all around the world ( even downunder! ), who share your pain.

Cheers, Ozzie

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I don't want to say it's nice to know that there's somebody who knows how I feel. It's not a good thing, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Horrible Life, I know, exactly, what you mean. I should cut off the funds, but you know they're going to say that they're being persecuted by me! Their minds are totally controlled by the organization. I don't think that there's anything that I can do to make them see the light. I'll have to do what one of the posters said "don't play the game" just say hello and talk to them as if there's no such thing as shunning. I guess that I should always acknowledge my children even if they don't acknowledge me.

I know that they are really going to be shocked when they find out that I'm, now, totally opposed to the religion. I, definitely, intend to let them see and know this. I can only hope that I haven't lost my girls forever.

• Es
    Es

oh darling big hugs.

Sorry you are going through this

es

• Gill
    Gill

Cheer up MrsMcDucket! They'll be back!!

Give it a few months to a couple of year MAX!

The JW Cult is beginning to show cracks and there's NO way JWs look after and care for eachother once the LOVE BOMBING days are over. Now they're baptised, No One will be able to get time in with them studying etc. There's no more points in them so....keep on the watch for you know not when you daughters will be knocking on your door!!!

Chin Up! As much a I sympathise with you and see how terribly they've treated you, it won't last. Just see it as a strange turn of events in their developments. Hey! At least they didn't do drugs, alcohol and sex!

Love and sympathy

Gill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit