Barb Anderson & Linda Jahn interviewed on Mark Furman Show, Spokane, WA

by AndersonsInfo 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

woohoo excellent

• freedom96
    freedom96

That is fantastic! The more media attention, the better.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Barbara, thank you for the compliment. That interview was probably one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life. We received the call from the show's producer around 8:30am asking if I could be available for the 10am show. I still didn't have any caffeine in my body when I agreed to participate! I had no idea what Mark Fuhrman was going to ask me. I've heard his show before and know that he is not one to "beat around the bush." One of my xJW friends called last night and told me that 'all those years in the Ministry School finally paid off!' It would have been more difficult had Joelnot been in the room with me. And the many conversations we've had with you, Barbara, helped a lot. I missed your part of the show because I had to go to work. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a transcript.

We had hoped that if we could help just one person, whether that be someone leaving WT or opening the eyes of the public, then we have accomplished something good with this publicity. Richard Rawe told us that he received a call from a woman who had been studying with JWs for four months. She asked if the shunning and child molestation policy was local to Davenport. When she learned that this is a worldwide issue, she told Richard she was going to tell the JWs not to come back, she would not be studying with them anymore.

The last time Joel's brother spoke with him, he asked Joel if one person could make a change. What do you think? 1 + 1 + 1 + 1...Perhaps he was just a little naive.

Linda

• sf
    sf
    We had hoped that if we could help just one person, whether that be someone leaving WT or opening the eyes of the public, then we have accomplished something good with this publicity.

Absolutely!

It would seem the momentum has shifted a bit.

sKally

• VM44
    VM44

Very Good. Hope the recording will be online soon. --VM44

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

no question . one of the better newspaper articles i have ever read about the wt. way to go. i'm sure the radio station does have a web site. with audio to listen to on all these shows... some one look it up and post where to find it. skally. john

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

bttt

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Linda Jahn called Cutaway Video Clips to order a tape of the interviews, and it will probably be sent in tomorrow's mail. It's VHS format, no typed transcript. However, as she is a transcriptionist (medical), Linda said it should not be too difficult to transcribe the program. It will just take some time (3 hour program). Linda should have it Monday or Tuesday and she said she might have some time Wednesday morning to listen and type. At least this way there will be available an electronic version of the transcript, and Joel might be able to download the audio onto the computer.

Barbara

• Dansk
    Dansk

Fantastic, girls! Well done!! You have done a great service for pained exJWs and even pained JWs (who are too scared to come forward) throughout the world!

Ian

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

We publish or perish good to go bravo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit