Barb Anderson & Linda Jahn interviewed on Mark Furman Show, Spokane, WA

by AndersonsInfo 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Hi Everybody,

Thought you'd like to know that today at 11 AM Pacific Standard Time, which was 1 PM Tennessee time, I was interviewed for an entire hour by Mark Furman on 1510 KGA, The Big Talker Show, originating in Spokane, WA, population 250,000. Former JW, Linda Jahn, was interviewed from 12:00 to 1 PM. All this attention to our cause originated from the disfellowshipping and shunning of Joel Jahn in Davenport, WA, a few months back. At that time Joel wrote a letter to the local Davenport newspaper explaining the WT disfellowshipping policy used against him because he spoke out against the religion's child abuse policies. His letter was not only published locally, but also reproduced in another WA town close to Davenport. It caused such a stir locally that the largest Spokane newspaper, Spokesman Review, became interested. A reporter interviewed the Jahns, and also Richard and Frances Rawe from Soap Lake, WA, a few weeks back. Happy to say, yesterday, a wonderful article appeared on the front page of the newspaper. Somebody already posted the article here on JWD.

In spite of short notice, the newspaper article caught the interest of the Mark Furman Show whose producer contacted Linda for a radio interview. The primary subject to be discussed was disfellowshipping and shunning, although, to Linda's knowledge, she has not been officially disfellowshipped, but yet is being shunned by her JW family and friends just because her husband was disfellowshipped.

I was asked to participate in the interview and an hour before the show went on the producer phoned. She said that I would definitely be interviewed tomorrow but the radio station let me listen on the phone to the entire interview with Linda, which was extraordinary. Linda is exceptionally articulate and intelligent and I was simply delighted with her responses to Mark's excellent questions. About five minutes before Linda's interview finished, the producer came back on the phone and told me that Mark wanted to interview me in about ten minutes. I have to say I was a bit flustered, but that Linda did an exceptional job softening up the listening audience for me, and I just picked up where she left off, although I went into the WT Society's child abuse policies from other angles.

Although Linda was being interviewed primarily because of the shunning policy, she was asked questions about a number of other things. One lady called in and asked about holidays, and another called in and wanted to know why JWs take blood fractions. However, Mark stayed mostly on the child abuse subject with me, although disfellowshipping and shunning certainly came up. In addition, a woman's place in the organization seemed to be of exceptional interest to Mark. It was apparent from Mark's commentary in between questions, that he sure doesn't like the Witness religion, attitude and policies, and he expressed his opinion in strong and very negative terms.

One lady called to ask how could she stop JWs from calling at her home and I mentioned two ways. She thought flying an American flag would keep Witnesses from entering her property, which is something I thought was novel, but told her it wouldn't work.

It's impossible to outline all of the discussion here so we will try to get a transcript of the program and post it on JWD in the future.

All in all, Mark Furman seemed to be very pleased with the interviews. He said that the interviews were very interesting, and if one could judge by all the phone calls that came in, the listening audience also was fascinated.

Barbara

• Bryan
    Bryan

Great news Barbara!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• blondie
    blondie

Good job, Linda and Barb! Newspaper article http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/100193/1.ashx Will we have access to a recording of these interviews?

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Blondie,

I'm going to try to get a copy of both written transcript and recording from Joel Jahn, because, if I know Joel, he's probably working on getting both as I write this.

Barbara

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

That's cool. I wonder if I'd pee my pants if interviewed, but probably not. I've dealt with a lot of tough guys before, and hell, I used to knock on strangers' doors and tell 'em my god was gonna kill 'em and what's more ballsy than that?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well done, Barbara !

• Soledad
    Soledad

Nice!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Great job Barbara, especially being at the last minute. I wonder if that station has an internet hook up?

D.E.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Excellent - can't wait for the transcript/audio

won't be long before the general public gets it - that these are not "isolated incidents" but carefully orchestrated, and manipulated
    with company-wide indoctrination techniques.

wp

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is so great. I see Mark Fuhrman on TV from time to time, on Fox News or MSNBC, so I wonder if he could get you on those stations too, for TV. That would be good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit