The March of Gay Rights

by truthseeker 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

People who write these articles and share them with others are disgusting and are pushing an evil agenda of hate. This should not be allowed on this board. What's next, neo-nazi sympathizers and the like will be allowed to post here? You violated posting guidlines 1 and 2. And if my smaller gay brain could figure out how to contact the moderator I would.

• avishai
    avishai

If you wanted an open decision of "Gay rights" there's much better ways of doing so than posting bigoted tripe

• avishai
    avishai

Bstndance, there have been MANY posts by bigots on this board, including neo-nazi's. I would'nt go accusing truthseeker of it just yet.

Plus, MANY folks have come on here with the Dub bigotry towards gays intact, and have had their minds changed. Soooo.... There's a lot of work to do still, but you have to remember ALL of us who were jw's were programmed to HATE homosexuals.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Avishai:

What you said is true. There are also many people who think they never are around any homosexuals at all since MANY of them blend in all around them unbeknowst to many homophobic people. Look how many people here are gay and were JWs but other JWs didn't know there were gays among them? And when I use the term gay or homosexual I define those terms as people who are sexually attracted to members of same sex. I say that because while I was an active JW I may have been homosexual but I did not sexual relations with anybody; that came a few years after I started to fade.

So, that being said, if somebody was to find out that one of their longtime best friends are gay and have been for years, they would find out they are just regular people and not just the type of eccentric people you might see dressed up all flamboyant marching in a wild parade waving a rainbow flag.

• Periodic Bedlam
    Periodic Bedlam

'The Marketing of Evil'
    gets rave reviews Kupelian's blockbuster praised by Limbaugh, Schlessinger, Malkin, others

I think seeing who endorses such a book speaks volumes regarding the quality of the material inside it's covers. Unfortunately, ingnorance continues to breed ignorance. Change only comes when those who don't buy the condemning religious rhetoric, or believe propaganda spread out of fear, speak out. Once it was illegal for blacks and women to vote or own property, or for blacks and whites to marry. Change came. The only agenda was that of basic civil rights. Whether Kupelian, Limbaugh, Schlessinger, or Malkin like it or not, gays will eventually be able to adopt children and marry in this country. I support that movement and celebrate the day it accomplishes that goal.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Bstndance

People who write these articles and share them with others are disgusting and are pushing an evil agenda of hate. This should not be allowed on this board. What's next, neo-nazi sympathizers and the like will be allowed to post here? You violated posting guidlines 1 and 2. And if my smaller gay brain could figure out how to contact the moderator I would.

Harsh words my brother.

I find it odd that you haven't mentioned anything SPECIFIC that talks about an evil agenda of hate, you lambast the whole article. Typical.

What do you want to do next? Ban the Bible?

Avishai, I agree now that this may not have been the best thing to post to discuss gay rights, apologies.

Truthseeker

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

"Harsh words my brother. I find it odd that you haven't mentioned anything SPECIFIC that talks about an evil agenda of hate, you lambast the whole article. Typical. What do you want to do next? Ban the Bible? Avishai, I agree now that this may not have been the best thing to post to discuss gay rights, apologies. Truthseeker" Typical? I lambast the whole article because it breaks the Posting Guidlines. Are you illiterate? I've known many JWs to read what they want but usually ex-JWs have broken that habit. If you haven't seen the posting guidelines, here they are: Posting Guidelines To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid: 1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language 2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Bstndance

I lambast the whole article because it breaks the Posting Guidlines. Are you illiterate? I've known many JWs to read what they want but usually ex-JWs have broken that habit. If you haven't seen the posting guidelines, here they are: Posting Guidelines To ensure all users feel safe and keen to participate, please avoid: 1. Insulting, threatening or provoking language 2. Inciting hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic.

No, I'm not illiterate, but then I didn't write the article. Maybe you could be more specific? What's provoked this reaction of yours? Something you read you didn't like?

I didn't post this to cause offense. There will be things posted here that I do not like or agree with, or interpret to mean hate, am I going to kick and scream? No - you have the choice of reporting this to a moderator, have you done this?

Truthseeker

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I know you did not post it. But because you are sharing it as an "interesting" article it would seem you find some truth to it.

I'm not in the business of turning people into the moderator. You have made some very beneficials contributions to the board and I would hate to get you in trouble over posting this one article.

But if we are allowed to post whatever we want:

The Real Gay Agenda

First of all, the very notion of a "gay agenda" implies that it is remotely possible to get all homosexuals to agree on anything at all. We've already seen how gay people come from all races, ages, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds...why then would political opinion be any different? When in reality, gay people cover the entire political spectrum, from tree-hugging bleeding-heart Liberals to hard-core, one-step-away-from-fascism Right-wingers.

Okay, before we even start, we're going to apologize right now to the entire gay community for selling out and finally revealing the "Gay Agenda." We know, we've denied it for so long, but "they" caught on to us a long time ago. So it's time to face the music. We're tired of hiding behind the facade, so we're going to break the silence and just do it. So without further ado, here is what the Gay Agenda really is.

The Gay Agenda

• Gay men and Lesbians are tired of hearing that it's our fault...because how we act is more important than who we are, if we get harassed it's our problem, if we get attacked, we provoked it, and if we raise our voices we're flaunting ourselves, and we won't to take it any more.

• Gay men and Lesbians want a place to live where we can feel safe and secure without being discriminated in housing, and to be able to buy or rent a house, apartment, or condo in the neighborhood of our choosing.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to have and raise children, whether by fostering, adopting, or biologically...(well, some of us do anyway on that last point), and to be able to raise our children according to our own faith, values, beliefs, and moral principles.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able send our children to schools that are free of violence, with competent teachers who treat our children with respect and dignity, while still maintaining discipline in the classroom. As well as participate in our child's development in academics, participation in sports, or social events free of harassment by their classmates, or faculty.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to raise our children to grow up to be respectful, contributing members of society, without prejudice or bias towards other people, because of who they are, or where the come from.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to volunteer to community organizations, whether it be the Boy Scouts program, little league, or PTA. We want to be involved in community activities that nurture our children and foster a sense of brotherhood among neighbors.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to go out for dinner every once in a while, with those special people in our life, and receive the same courtesies as our straight counterparts, and not receive back-stabbing stares because we're holding hands, hugging, or even gentle kissing.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to attend a church/synagogue/temple/mosque to worship God as we see fit, and not thought to be Godless, simply because we happen to be gay. Gay Christian is NOT an oxymoron.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to serve our country in the armed forces, or government, without being told we must hide who we are or be disenfranchised, harassed, or threatened.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be involved in the political processes of government, so that we may better shape the policies of our nation on the local, state and national levels.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be doctors, nurses, teachers, ministers, lawyers, sales clerks, fast food workers, construction workers, CEO's, bank tellers, cashiers, truck drivers, entertainers, business owners or any other occupation that tickles our fancy or suits our abilities, without fear of loosing our livelihood because of who we are, and how we live.

• Gay men and Lesbians want a job where our income and continued employment is based on our skills, our competence and our ability to contribute to the company for which we work, and not what we do in the privacy of our own home.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to speak freely at work about what we did, or where we went, with our partners over the weekend, or put our significant others photograph on our desk, or call home and not have to be cryptic about to whom we are speaking, without fear of loosing our jobs.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to support the causes we believe in. By registering as a Democrat, Republican, Independent, Libertarian, or whatever party best fits our political ideals.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to pay reasonable taxes to support the services supplied by the government and not be taxed as 'single,' as well as be afforded the same tax breaks as our heterosexual counterparts when we're in committed, long-term, relationships.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to dance at weddings and graduations and other celebrations with the one we love. Without fear of reprisal or endangerment.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to apply for loans based on both our incomes that are used to support a single household in a committed relationship. As well as to be able to grow old and retire with the love of our life.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to know that if we were to die, the love of our life will inherit our estate if we had no will, and be afforded the same inheritance rights as our heterosexual counterparts.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to know that if we are medically incapacitated that the love of our life will be able to make legal and financial decisions in our behalf. And that should we be hospitalized for any length of time that the love of our life will be able to visit us, regardless of visiting hour restrictions, and be treated as any close family member.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to have our loving relationships legally recognized as valid relationships regardless of the semantics imposed by society (marriage, legal partnership, domestic partner, etc.).

• Gay men and Lesbians want to see justice in our judicial system without prejudice, or division of partisanship, simply because of our orientation.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to go out in public with loved ones and family, without the fear of being targeted or assaulted simply because of who we are, or presumed to be.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to know that our children can't be taken away simply because our neighbor doesn't like who we love.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to work in day care centers, schools, nurseries, etc. without having to prove we're NOT pedophiles.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able to walk down the street holding hands or arm and arm without fear of being beaten, called derogatory names, spit upon or harassed.

• Gay men and Lesbians want to be able check into a hotel and not be given a room with two single beds just because we're both the same gender.

Belonging to the heterosexual majority allows a lot of un-earned privileges that are not realized until one comes-out-of-the-closet and looses it! We simply would like to have those un-earned privileges restored without prejudice.

• avishai
    avishai

And, finally, the OTHER gay agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit