typically ridiculous.

by RichieRich 62 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Last Saturday, me and a friend from the hall decided to go to NC State Fair together. I have been told that the State fair is not a big deal in other areas of the country, but here in these parts, it means alot to us, expecially since we live in/near the capital city.

About the friend: He's a year younger than me, and we go to the same school. He thinks like I think, and is on his way out of the truth as well (although he's not as adamant as myself). His father recently left his mother, and has since been deemed "apostate". His mother remains "Strong" in the truth, and is supported by her sister, who's husband is a prominent elder in our congregation. This elder has 2 teenage daughters, both pioneers, one in technical college, and the other home schooling.

Back to the story.

So we get to the fair, and a few minutes after I get a phone call from one of the daughters. They basically said that they were coming to the fair to be with us. This was especially surprising for me since I remain "marked" in the congregation, and these golden girls are the last ones who would ever associate with me.

My best guess at this point is that elder dad has sent them on a recon mission to keep us straight.

Fast forward an hour.

We are sitting at a table, enjoying some deep-fired deliciousness when we get another call from them, demanding to know where we are in the fair. We tell them, and after several more phone calls, we meet up.

We exchange greetings, and looks. I did my best to convey "Iseeyouthreetimesaweekbutnowyouwantohangwithmewhy?" with my eyes.

One of the sisters murmurs some insulting remark, and that was it for me.

My friend must have read my mind, because we both got up, and walked away.

---------------------------------------------------

So Sunday (yesterday), I get home from work just as my mother does from the meeting. My phone rings and I see that it is brother Elder Dad calling.

I answer, and after exchanging bland greetings, he falls into telling me that I must be slipping back into my old ways (he was on my Judicial Committe BTW) because I clearly and obviously am rejecting good association (i.e. his daughters). He tells me that rejection of "good" association is just as bad as plain ole bad association. Then he goes into the cup of Joe and cup of demons speech.

When he finally paused, I gladly informed him that my refusal to associate with his daughters was not because of any qualms I have with Jehovah, but instead because I don't like his daughters. I refuse to associate with narrowminded, self-centered, self-righteous little brats like his daughters. I told him ,

"Me hating your daughters is not, and should not become a judicial matter. It is however, a judicial matter that you think that the inkling of power that you possess can be used to force me to associate with your asinine children."

Then I wished him the best, and told him I'd see him at book study.

• kls
    kls

Richie, congrats for have the gutts to tell him like it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,BRAVO!!!!!

• Scully
    Scully

Wow.

That took cahunas!

• daystar
    daystar

You... are my... hero...

• Legolas
    Legolas
    "Me hating your daughters is not, and should not become a judicial matter. It is however, a judicial matter that you think that the inkling of power that you possess can be used to force me to associate with your asinine children."

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

ROTFL.

Nice hearing from you again RR.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

*standing ovation*

Richie, you've got guts my young friend and I love you for it! I do not blame you one iota for saying what you said. Stupid elders. You associate with their daughters and then they tell the daughters to stop because you're bad association. You DON'T associate with your daughters and they tell YOU that YOUR rejecting good association? WTH???

I'm so glad to hear that you're on your way out. The cream of the crop is leaving this group. Let them be.

Andi

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Ritchie man, if you get out of the WTBTS without getting DF'ed before you DA it'll be a miracle .

You have stones my friend.

GBL

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

This is the way all elders should be responded to if they continue with their power trip. Who are they to tell you who you choose as friends? Good Job.

I especially hated elders who tought their children were above everyone else and associating with them was a privilege. When in most cases it wasn't the case. I would've loved to see that elders expression when you told him that!

• Margie
    Margie
    Then I wished him the best, and told him I'd see him at book study.

I'm laughing my ass off over here!

But seriously, his argument that rejecting good association is as bad as engaging in bad association is ridiculous on its face and even more absurd under this set of facts. Presumably he sent his daughters out after you because you're good association, because he wouldn't send them out with someone who was bad association, right? And were you good association the previous week when the daughters ignored you at the Hall or did going to the state fair turn you into good association? Because if attending the fair didn't magically turn you into good association and if he believes that rejecting good association is as bad as engaging in bad association, it sounds like he's better have a sitdown with those two daughers of his. He's a real deep thinker, that Brother Elder Dad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit