Please welcome my former JW "friend" Rachael to the board

by unbeliever 28 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Rachael. Take it from a guy who's been disfellowshipped for over 10 years who was raised in the truth and served as an elder many years who decided to leave. All the shunning in the world did nothing for me as far as driving me back to the Organisation. In fact....it backfired. It made it worse.

I asked my wife onetime what was the purpose of continuing to shun someone after 10 years when a person cannot in good conscience be a witness any longer. I wanted to know the benifit of it all. Shunning was for the purpose of dicipline to the erring one to want his family and friends back and to keep the congregation clean........but many who leave are as clean as witnesses and have come to a point in which shunning has lost it's effect as far as the individual wanting to return.

Your narking did no good except hurt a mother and made a friendship much more distant. Sad.

Gumby

• luna2
    luna2

Miss Peaches said: I question why would you do that? What were you hoping to achieve with those actions? Do you feel that you were showing brotherly love?

I agree with Miss Peaches. Its one thing to sincerely think you are helping someone or at least helping to keep the congregation "clean", but quite another to visciously set out to hurt someone else...and the one you most hurt was a fellow witness. Shame on you! Is this what you have learned at the Kingdom Hall? Very sad.

I hope you stick around. Enlightenment is a good thing.

OT: Anybody have any tips on how to work the font color thingy? LOL I can change to red, but I can't get any other color.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome Rachel!

If there was a Jehovah, I bet he would be pissed off at you. He might even be thinking something in the vein of an old testament style stoning! Run away from this evil place while you still can!

GBL

• Golf
    Golf

Welcome Rachael and to 'all' the newbies. Enjoy your stay

Golf

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome Rachael!

I look forward to reading your posts!

• Jordan
    Jordan

Welcome Rachel, you'll probably find alot of the posts on here very interesting, and enlightening... Enjoy your stay...

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Rachael,

Hello and welcome, I hope you stay awhile. The friendships you will make here are real, not conditional, as at the kh.

enjoy your stay

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Rachel-

Welcome.

Advice: question authority!

God/Jehovah can hold his own. Ask questions!

kdn

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Rachel,

You really should apologize to Unbeliever. Everyone is allowed to vent and it does not good to damage (or try to damage) mother/daughter relationships for no reason.

I hope you learn many things here that can help you in your life.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Hello Rachael.

I hope you stay, and lurk some more. Maybe even post. Hope to hear from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit