do you believe this part of the bible

by joanne_ 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Balsam
    Balsam

Hellrider, You feel the same as I do. I've heard JW say the same thing if there was no God they would be totally nuts because they would not be able to control themselves from doing bad things. I look at them and think this person is insane to begin with. That only speaks to the type of person they are underneath the religious exterior. Who they are is a deception. Loved your comment and it made me laugh: In the words of the scottish philosopher David Hume, in the 18th century: "Whenever I meet a christian, I instinctively suspect him of being evil". That is just really good. Philospher David Hume is so right. For if good exists then so does evil and they see the world in black and white. Losing my son Dak was the single most life changing event in my life. His Dad also refused blood for him at the hosptial as we all stood around Dakie. The doctors said there would be no chance of saving him if we didn't allow blood. I was crying so I was useless at that point. How his Dad lives with himself I will never know. He died 3 hrs later. How does one live though such a heart wretching loss? You live for your surviving children because they need you. But it dashed my love of the JW religion to pieces and I left it 4 months later. I also left my children's father and divorced him. In turn it allowed my other two sons to follow me out and be set free from the bondage of religion. I still would rather have Dak back even if it would have meant that I had remained a JW today. But he didn't live and I left and learned a lot about myself and my strength to endure even this. It will either destroy a person, or it will make them stronger and more determined. I suppose it made me more determined to ask questions. God has an accountablity too. Why do we have to worship him as his children? As you pointed out we don't ask our children to worship us. A little appreciation and obedience is all we ask of them. Do we kill them when they don't obey? No of course not, and neither would a loving God. All he has to do is prove to us his good and perfect way and we will honor him not worship him. Showing us as something marvelous now like resurrecting all those who died in the tsunami would surely be a good thing and it would prove he is a God of love. Who could question that not being from the power of God?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

When I left the JWs, I did. I visited a CoG (Abrahamic Faith) that taught that the Christian promise was life on the land/earth, and not that anybody would turn into something non-human and live anywhere other than this planet. I still think, if taking the Bible literally, it teaches that.

It hasn't happened yet for the same reason Jesus hasn't returned - it's not true and never will be.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/100043/1.ashx

it's been removed......................

• Undecided
    Undecided

If God created nature then he didn't want anything to live forever. Have you noticed how many things can kill everything in nature? There is some virus, parasite, fungus, cancer or something that kills everything almost, and if it misses you, old age gets you. The universe is dying and being created all the time, seems to be God's way.

Ken P.

• mdb
    mdb

When I left the JWs, I did. ; I visited a CoG (Abrahamic Faith) that taught that the Christian promise was life on the land/earth, and not that anybody would turn into something non-human and live anywhere other than this planet. ; I still think, if taking the Bible literally, it teaches that.

It hasn't happened yet for the same reason Jesus hasn't returned - it's not true and never will be.

I feel sorry for you. It sound like the Watchtower has filled you with unbelief through their lies. Shame on them!

The bible does not teach that you or anyone else will live on the land/earth for eternity when they die. That's a Watchtower doctrinal fallacy. By the way, if you're reading the New World Translation, don't. It has been tainted with the Watchtower's doctrinal bias and is not the true word of God.

All true believers look to a heavenly destiny, not an earthly destiny.

(Eph 2:19; Phil 3:20; Col 3:1; Heb 3:1; 12:22; 2 Pet 1:10,11; Jn 12:26; Gal 3:29; 4:28-31; Titus 3:7; James 2:5)

Jesus will return some day, but it is in God's timing. You cannot conclude that because Jesus has not returned, He never will. God promised his return and God does not lie. The scriptures say to keep watch and always be ready for we do not know of the day or hour, but it will be good for that servant who is found ready.

• mdb
    mdb
    If God created nature then he didn't want anything to live forever. Have you noticed how many things can kill everything in nature? There is some virus, parasite, fungus, cancer or something that kills everything almost, and if it misses you, old age gets you. The universe is dying and being created all the time, seems to be God's way.

That was not how God created things. His "plan" was not to kill, bring decay or death, or for their to be more viruses, parasites, fungi, or cancers than we can name or know. After the creation, Adam and Eve were in perfect communion with God and there was peace on the earth - God saw what He had made and it was good. It was after the fall of man (man's sin) that death entered the world. All creation was affected by the fall, and so we see decay, sickness, and death. God warned Adam and Eve and said not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil or they would surely die. They knew the consequence of their actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit