do you believe this part of the bible

by joanne_ 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joanne_
    joanne_

Do you think God's original purpose was for us to live forever on earth? And if so, why has it not happened yet?

joanne

• gumby
    gumby

There is a thread already concerning this.......but ya may wanna skip the last few post about it

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/100043/1.ashx

Gumby

• Terry
    Terry

We humans have a couple of choices. We can decide who and what we are and how we want our life to be, then, strive to achieve our purpose as intelligently as possible using our life as the standard of measurement as to what works and what is true.

Or...

We can let other people's fanciful opinions hijack our sense of purpose and destiny and spend our entire life in a rut of ritual performance waiting for some magic to happen.

If your thinking is guided by practical everyday living you go one direction, and, if your thinking is guided by superstition and magic thinking you go off in another direction.

I find religious people aren't really alive. They are hand-puppets going through the motions of some senseless direction of whoever has a hand up their ass.

Choose to live by experiencing life for yourself. The alternative is incredibly wasteful of the time you have to transcend mere existence.

The BIBLE has been advertised to us since birth as a kind of magic answer book which it is not. Substituting the hodge-podge of pseudo-history, fable and mind-control for life experience cripples you and hobbles your rational thinking.

Stop measuring purpose and meaning by the mythos of prehistoric guesswork propped up by authority figures who want to use you.

IF God existed and had a purpose it would not be derailed for thousands of years and become entirely dependant on the whim of an inferior choice mechanism of a creature driven by short term passions: humans.

But, there is only God for those who create Him.

For the rest of us, life is for living and the mind is for thinking and creating an experience of existence that is as incredibly thrilling and satisfying as lies within our power to construct by excellent choices.

Dump the mythology and get on with living your life. Straighten your thinking out by abandoning superstition and hearsay. Be practical, be rational and break the addiction of craving other people's opinions on mystical nonsense parading as fact.

I wish you the best.

Terry

• jgnat
    jgnat

We are living longer and longer. Just by improving our health care.

http://www.un.org/esa/population/publications/aging99/a99cht1.htm

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

I dont believe anything in the Bible.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Joanne, I fear even God's purpose for man has to be revisited. If you believe the bible, re-read the accounts. If not, follow other poster's leads.

As a regular Christian, I was taught that God created man to have a relationship with us (Genesis 1:26-27), and that Jesus' sacrifice restored our potential (Ephesians 2:10). In other words, it's not just the Annointed who get all the fun.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

What Terry said , Touche, once again, Terry.

IC

• joanne_
    joanne_

hi jgnat...so do you mean...we all will go to heaven?...sorry i am not up on the scriptures...have not looked at a bible for a long time..

• joanne_
    joanne_

just to add to my last post...i am just curious what others think about this 'restored earth' and everyone living on it forever.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It all depends on what your foundation is, joanne. If it is the bible, find out what the bible says. If it is your reason and intellect, you can find a way to work it out for yourself.

Objectively, reasonably, no-one can know what happens after death. Most certainly, no-one has the right to tell someone else where to go, though we do it all the time. We accept on faith what happens after death. What do you put faith in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit