Do you think that Armaggeddon is "near" or many, many years away?

by booker-t 34 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

I am 40 years old and I have been hearing the same old song by JW's "Armaggeddon is around the corner" since I was a toddler. It has to come to their minds that how long are they going to keep saying that Armaggeddon is "near" or "around the corner"? Or they eventually going to quit believing in this fantasy and look at reality? What are your thoughts posters do you believe that Armaggeddon is "near" or is it many, many years into the future?

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I think man will destroy itself. That's the only "armageddon" I foresee.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

While jws look to god to god to fix things up via armageddon, they are not seriously taught being responsible for the earth NOW.

Endless driving around wasting fossil fuels, no education around recycling etc and generally treading lightly on the planet.

When is armageddon? Never...

• jgnat
    jgnat

What's the difference? It is not right to live in fear of tomorrow. Better to live each day as a treasure and build, create, restore, love, give. Just like God would do.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I share "Unbeliever's views. Snoozy..

• blondie
    blondie

I don't care any more. I live in today.

Yesterday is history.
    Tomorrow is a mystery.
    Today is a gift.
    That's why they call it the present.
    ~ Loretta LaRoche

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

amen to that Blondie

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

lot of armageddon talk lately

armageddon sick and tired of it ........ lol

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Armaggeddon is not going to happen, so do what is in your heart to do now, don't wait for a time in the future, enjoy life now. Once I realized this, I am so much happier, and live a much richer life, I believe that our spirit goes on after we die, if you don't, read some near death experiences, especially the ones that really baffle scientists about people that are born blind, relating being able to see. in their near death experience, there is so much more out there that I am just beginning to learn about, now that the religion blinders are off, life is truly wonderful even with a few bumps along the way, enjoy today!!!!!

IC

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Armeggedon is the monster in the closet we all grew up being scared of. Its not any more true than any other old wives tales used to scare little children and gullible adults.

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit