Life Sucks!!!!

by Tez 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Michelle5480
    Michelle5480

I strongly agree, life does suck. Unfortunately its something we cant hide from. My biggest feeling is of being lost. Being told all my life that all i have to do is go preaching, do things right and everything will be fine. We're even taught that education isnt even important, as long as we preach and follow all the guidelines. Now the guidelines are gone no meetings, no one telling me what I should and shouldnt do. Now Ive made it my plight in life to look to the future as if I have many many years ahead and no one is going to magically save me from the world. Im now working to better myself to understand what things really matter. What can I do now to make things better for me 10 years from now. Remember Jehovah never really magically saved anyone. Even Moses and his people had to walk through the hot desert to salvation a hard plight to get where they themselves and their offspring to be 10 or 20 yrs down the line. You control your own destiny, life will continue to suck unless you change it.

Lots of love a big hug to you from Chicago

PM me anytime

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

you are exactly where you have to be, there is no one that can move you from where you find yourself this very moment and where you found yourself a moment ago and a moment before that.... no one can change the past which has brought everyone of us to the present moment.

we are all exactly where we must be.... you can only feel regret or guilt or sadness by comparing where you actually are to a fantasy of where you think you should be or could be or would be had you not live your actual life....

basically your system has the control over your emotions once your systems realizes how it is causing them.

different ways to see the world change your emotions about the world

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I dunno Zen. I think we learn by looking back and dealing with regret and guilt. After dealing with it, you can leave it behind and build on your new wisdom.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    I dunno Zen. I think we learn by looking back and dealing with regret and guilt. After dealing with it, you can leave it behind and build on your new wisdom.

we learn from understanding what happened and why...but often we never really know the actual details as there are so many hidden aspects to living. so I find from expeirence the best course is to learn from all experiences, build up skills and make your best gamble in each moment with all you can bring to the table....what more can you really do? I find a mind clouded by regrets and sadness and/or depression and guilt to be less efficient in dealing with the real options present then one which has accepted all that has brought them to the present.

• Tez
    Tez

You've all given me loads of food for thought... which is why I haven't said much in response... I am thinking about all your comments....

Thank you...

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey, Tez!!! What you are feeling is pretty normal after devoting your all to a cult. It takes awhile for our mind and emotions to process and accept the changes in our life. However, it will happen, is happening.........remember it's a process not a single event and this will help you. As others have mentioned already, you are doing well in the fact that you are questioning life and your role in it. Keep on taking the little baby steps of life every day, and soon, you will look back and see how far you have come!! Hugs, Terri

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Agreed.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Life is a series of disappointments... so said Kevin Smith in 1993. The best you can do is find people who won't judge you, and can empathize with your personal disappointments. Some actually find that in the JWs; the numbers seem to show that. But more and more there are those of us who think: there has to be something better than that simplistic explanation. And soon your brain starts to burn because every explanation is no better or worse than the other. Things are because they are. Why are we here? Because we're here. Why did it happen? Because it happened. So said Neil Peart in 1991. I believe Kevin Smith and Neil Peart to be two of the most "spiritual" people on this planet. Mainly because they find peace in the understanding that there can't be any real understanding. There's solace in acceptance that we will most likely die and never achieve what we want -- because nobody does, and nobody will. Become peaceful with that conclusion and the rest falls into place. And yes.... it most certainly does suck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit