Life Sucks!!!!

by Tez 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• findingmyway
    findingmyway

Hi Tez,

I've missed you. It's good to see you posting again, but sad to see you in such despair. I just sent you a PM.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    I am scared of finding something I can't live up to!!!

Tez, on the contrary, I think what you'll find that NO man (not even a JW man) can live up to JW standards. I think that people who are honest with themselves will realize that fact and accept it. The only thing that I think is required is that we try to be better than we once were. Keyword: TRY. What makes one man more deserving than another? Nothing. We all fall short.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    Jesus says His load is not heavy.

When comparing this statement (scripture) to the Tower, it should draw back the dark, dusty curtains to reveal the truth.

IMHO, God is there for us. He/She (God is ALL things), brings opportunities before us. It's up to us to be open to those opportunities. These moments are not only good things for us, but also opportunities to help others.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

IHere are a couple of things that I clung to to help me through.

Jesus is the only mediator between God and man. You've been told that christendom and the Catholic Cjurch put a man between you and God. Well, in actuallity, they've put a whole organization AND the 144,000 between you and God. That's not right.

Also, in your pain, be sure to go to Jehovah and ask him to show you the way, the light. You can't be deceived that way, cause the scriptures say he gives to those who ask and adds no pain to it.Also if a son askes for bread will he give him a stone?!

It is ok to question and search. Supposedly the witnesses say this to you when you first study right? It holds true for them as well, even if they refuse to.

May God bless with with understanding!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

My new quote that I'm adopting....

If life throws you lemons....get tequila and salt.

Seriously, sometimes life sucks. That's life. But if life was all smooth with no challenges, then wouldn't life be dull?

• Tez
    Tez

Thank you all for your encouraging comments, its true that I need to find myself first, and to be sure that I want what I am searching for. I know that I have to believe in something, what I want is to believe that the wickedness that is so much part of the world today will not always be. Yes we do all have ups and downs, I can deal with my own but what I can't deal with is seeing the suffering in this world over which none of us have control... So this finds me back to 24 years ago when I first started to study with JW's it was one of the things that motivated my to study... its like I have gone full circle and ended up back where I started, but now don't know where to go. All your advice to keep searching and to keep praying is certainly what I know I need to do.... but somewhere between leaving the JW's and to where I am now I find I have what feels like 'bible dyslexia'!!!!

Thanks again everyone, you are all what I love about this site! Real, caring people!!!I'd buy you all a drink if I could!!!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Mines a Stella. My approach now is to live my life as best as i can, look after the ones that are important to me. I pray that if there is something else I supposed to do, then show me! If everyone just tried their best to be good people I think the world would be better place- maybe im just doing my part.

• Tez
    Tez

Thought yours would have been a Jack Daniels Paul!!!! Long time since we went for a drink son!!! hope it won't be too much longer before we get together!!

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Well I loved Jack with coke, but then i found i preferred more and more coke compared to the Jack. Now I like coke with a tiny bit of Jack in it, hardly any at all. I always like Stella tho- lovely stuff.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Tez, the thing you should keep in mind is that, just because the JWs are screwed up about a lot of stuff, doesn't mean that everything they say is wrong. Your job is to search out what is true, and what is bogus, and not let them steal even the true stuff from you.

Most people who believe in the Bible know God has a plan, and the corruptness will have an end. In our lifetime? I hope so, but it is conceiveable that it will not be. If you are in relationship with God and at peace as much as you can be, it is easier to wait.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit