Local KH gets shafted

by sinis 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sheepish
    Sheepish
    Is there one? That would be good to bring to the attention of those involved. The WTS money hungry? Go on!

Dams

I think there are a couple, but here's one: Deuteronomy 23:19 "Thou shalt not lend upon *usury to thy brother; usury of money, usuary of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury; unto a stranger thou mayest lend upon usury; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon usury: that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all that thou settest thine hand to in the ln=and whither thou goest to possess it." *usury: with interest upon a loan

Even the Muslims have this one down.

• steve2
    steve2

The Watchtower's charging interest makes good business sense but sucks when its money the publishers donated to the Watchtower in the first place. On the other hand, Who honestly minds paying even high interest rates if the end is coming really really really soon...However, it's the fact that the end doesn't come that hurts so much. Therefore, the Watchtower is guaranteed to make a profit...and the Watchtower knows it!

• caligirl
    caligirl

Ah, the 3% interest.According to my father, it is to cover "administrative costs" A load of crap, when all of their departments are internalized and staffed by their own unpaid people!

• gumby
    gumby

If the Organisation will be theocratically governed in the New System....as it is now, and since the society is the 8th richest religious organisation on the planet, and since they double charge for literature, and since they charge intrest to fellow believers that pay for their kingdom halls.......then in what way will it change in the New System?

If the society cannot be fair financially to fellow brothers and sisters in this system when doing so is now in their full control when no worldly opposition prevents them........then why will they act any different when the wordly elements are destroyed and it's just them? What will change?

Gumby

• steve2
    steve2
    since the society is the 8th richest religious organisation on the planet,

Hey there Gumby,

I'm curious about the source of this piece of information. I would have thought that several religion's would easily beat the JWs in that regard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit