Local KH gets shafted

by sinis 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sinis
    sinis

A while back three local halls (same building) donated their saved up money to a new hall being built in a nearby town. Appearently the new hall could not get a loan for the work. Well the other halls got together about 50K and gave it to the the new hall with the promise that they would be payed back as the donating hall needed to use the money within the next few months for repairs. It looks like the new hall shafted the brothers and told them to pound sand and that they would not be paying them back. So. the elders from the three congs got together and proposed a solution (resolution) that was announced last week. They asked the cong to vote on a 40K loan. The cong agreed. Then, 10 minutes later they proposed ANOTHER resolution for ANOTHER 40K. Many of the brothers had that look. They did get two to second the motion so it was passed. They brothers then told the cong that they would HAVE to have $800.00, minimum, per month to cover this loan - does not include maintenance, utilities, etc. Many seemed pissed after the meeting. Then it was found out that the Society was loaning the money to the brothers at 3% interest!!!!! What a deal!! - Your FREE WWW money gets loaned back to you at interest, how loving. Anyone else feel something is wrong here? Why would the brothers do two seperate loans for the same amount, why not one big loan? I'm thinking its so they didn't scare the crap out of the attendees.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Reminds me of how the WTS accepts donations for disasters, then uses the money to repair the JW's properties while expecting the JW's to hand over the insurance settlements.

Talk about double dipping!

• Honesty
    Honesty

7 So Jesus said again, “ I assure you: I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved and will come in and go out and find pasture. 10 A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance. 11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired man, since he is not the shepherd and doesn’t own the sheep, leaves thema nd runs away when he sees a wolf coming. The wolf then snatches and scatters them. 13 [This happens] because he is a hired man and doesn’t care about the sheep. 14 “I am the good shepherd. I know My own sheep, and they know Me John 10:7-14

• juni
    juni

what about the scripture that says not to charge interest with your brother for loans?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Funny how the society accepts not only donations, but interest free loans as well. Then they turn around and loan it out to halls at 3% interest.

Shouldn't they be paying tax on the interest income? I wish I didn't have to pay tax on my interest income.

It amazes me that the publishers™ don't see the watchtower is nothing more than a money hungry enterprise.

W

• FairMind
    FairMind
    It amazes me that the publishers™ don't see the watchtower is nothing more than a money hungry enterprise.

It's because it is also a power/control enterprise.

• damselfly
    damselfly
    what about the scripture that says not to charge interest with your brother for loans?

Is there one? That would be good to bring to the attention of those involved. The WTS money hungry? Go on!

Dams

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

After a Hall is paid off, the Society then owns it! Pretty neat trick huh?

Outaservice

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Under Google search look up "Kingdom Hall owners " Interesting... Snoozy..

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

This makes me SO glad I'm not part of ANY religious organization anymore!

Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit