Do stupid people have more children? What are the implications?

by AlmostAtheist 55 Replies latest jw friends

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

I think judging by current welfare state standards, isn;t it more profitable to have hordes of brats and not work? Then the cycle will continue with their offspring and so-on....

Cut their benefits off!

Maybe they should bring out a sterilisation kit disguised as a Burberry baseball cap. (the english members will know what i mean here)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Maybe they should bring out a sterilisation kit disguised as a Burberry baseball cap. (the english members will know what i mean here)

Or a NASCAR beer coozie.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Long term the intelligence gene pool will become diluted - need about 16 generations or 400 years

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

In the case of my parents it was certainly true. Mom had 7 children and 6 miscarriages. She grew up in an abusive dysfunctional home, married a man with low to no self-esteem and heavy depression, both of them with severe chips on their shoulders and paranoid that no one liked them. They thought it was them against the world, very co-dependent. Mom thought that if she popped out babies she would have a factory of little clones that would automatically love her. As each of us grew old enough to develop personalities she found out that we weren't robots. The oldest got stuck with the raising of the kids while she yelled and whined and doled out the "discipline" (lovingly administered with a belt, her fist, willow switches, or whatever else was close to hand). My oldest brother had the the first tour of duty and I had the second.

My sister, also severly disabled in the self esteem department, married a drug addict criminal who shared his hard drugs liberally with his first three children (these were very young children). She remarried and ended up with a total of six kids, three of whom were raised on welfare. She was and is a career victim.

I, on the other hand, felt I had kicked in my share, and had one son. We're best friends.

Sherry

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Didn't the Nazis think they had a remedy for that?

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

Didn't the Nazis think they had a remedy for that?

They did FHN, it was called eugenics, what started off as an experiment to screen out of the genepool genetic abnormalities and create a healthier Deutchland, turned out to be what history books tell us. There was a doco on the History Channel the other night about it, very interesting.

I think the problem today is the abuse of the welfare system and the lack of education. Plus when people no longer strive for greatness and choose mediocrity as a viable lifestyle choice, the human race is destined to be ruled by the evil few forever!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    They did FHN, it was called eugenics,

Exactly.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Jonathan Swift (long dead English guy) also had a solution for this problem. For those who haven't read it, I think you'll all like "A Modest Proposal." :-)

• rmt1
    rmt1

Suburban sprawl, the housing boom (a key financial index for the GDP), HUD, all have a stake in the number, proximity and density of idiots who will make you desire to change locations to simulate control over your environment. If you look at land prices, you can be certain that the investors are rubbing their hands at the number of idiots that are available to pressure-cook the others and make hardworking people flee in terror. (Not talking about southerly migration to the sun belt; that's different.) It's like adding fuel to their fire. This is besides the fact that maintaining the over-saturation of entry-level idiots means that those who can get smarter are FORCED to get smarter: no more of the Cleaver era getting a job out of high school and supporting a big family. Idiots are the oxidizing atmosphere (more) in which the non-idiots (fewer) are burned so as to drive the economy.

• Gill
    Gill

ROFLMAO AlmostAtheist! I've thought that stupid people have lots of children myself, but I can see this is a generalisation.

We have five kids...which I believe is a lot! However, we both have the certificates to prove we're intelligent...so how did all these kids come along? You've also made me realise why we were poor for so many years. We did not receive any state aid, except for the pitiful Family Allowance and so the kids ate us out of house and home.

I can also think of a relative, not a JW, a cousin who is an Oxford graduate with 9 children! She has a nanny, housekeeper, etc and hasn't worked for years. She is very happy. I suppose that's why she's so intelligent! She's found what made her happy. A loving wonderful husband who also happens to be very rich and lots of kids.

I've also seen the stupid people with masses of children that they cannot look after properly. That's a sad sight to see.

The moral of this tale is, you can't generalise on this subject. There are far too many exceptions to be able to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit