Do stupid people have more children? What are the implications?

by AlmostAtheist 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Just because someone Has a high IQ doesn’t mean they have “Common Sense”.

Lots of book knowledge or the ability to know which “side of the border the survivors will be buried” does not mean a person is truly intelligent.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

High IQ people can behave stupidly. High IQ people can be ignorant. High IQ people can be emotionally deficient.

FHN, I am guessing English is not your first language, right? Don't worry about it when someone misunderstands what you post, if someone is looking to nitpick they will always find a reason.

AuldSoul

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Plenty of people with high I.Q.’s do stupid things…..just more creatively!

• John Doe
    John Doe

"Just because someone Has a high IQ doesn’t mean they have “Common Sense”."

Ah, a myth perpetuated by average folks so they can feel better about being around people who are smarter than themselves--or at least that's my experience. I've never met a person with a high iq that didn't have common sense. Had you said "there are different kinds of intelligence," I would agree. But, the definition given thus far is explicitly contradictory.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

O.k. John Doe this is going to go way off topic now.

Maybe you would like to start a thread about wither or not person with high IQ’s have common sense.

As you have stated you are basing it off “ at least that's my experience. I've never met a person with a high iq that didn't have common sense”

Your experience has nothing to do with the facts.

I could then contradict you with “My Experience” with high IQ persons.

Our back and forth banter would be quite entertaining but, not worthy of true debate.

Which by the way…..my experience with “some” high IQ individuals has been quite the contrary to yours.

“Ah, a myth perepetuated by average folks so they can feel better about being around people who are smarter than themselves”

I am sure some posting here in this thread have high IQs and know a “Pot Stirrer” when they read one.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Who me??? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit