Looking forward to Armageddon?

by Gill 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Flash
    Flash
    I realised a few months ago that I had never received a gift as a child from my Aunt and Uncle....NEVER!

That's really sad, I am sorry to hear it. Shame on them!

I'm still sure about the Armageddon thing.

Well, we don't agree.

One thing I have discovered, is that if you don't know history well, you can be tricked into believing anything, just to be part of a controlled mass of people.
    I know there reasons as you say, concerning myths and history, for me its a matter of faith and belief. I believe Jesus existed and warned about the End and that the Bible still exists today for that reason. I also have come to believe that those who have been leading Jehovah's Witnesses since Russell are all of the Evil Slave and that's the reason for all the oppression and abuse of power coming from the WTS. When 1914 passed and Armageddon didn't come after waitng almost 40 years, they said in their hearts 'the Master is delaying'...and so the 'beating' began and still continues until the Master does arrive and deals with these Evil Slaves!
  • sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I know there reasons as you say, concerning myths and history, for me its a matter of faith and belief. I believe Jesus existed and warned about the End and that the Bible still exists today for that reason.

I hear people speak of their beliefs all the time but they cannot prove that what they believe is true ... which is fine ... faith is fine and OK with me. What I take exception to is people who try to convince me to believe as they do 'cause pastor so-and-so is really strong in the Word and such ... NO, NO, can't do that again. The last time I accepted someones words as truth it cost me 12+ years of my precious time and a whole lot of wasted talent in the meantime ... I won't go there again. Oh yes, and I have my doubts about the Bible's inspiration although some of it is useful as a guide to how to treat people, being a responsible adult and good citizen. I learn more about God by how I live my life and observing the world around me, the people and things in it.

I believe in God for my own reasons ... mainly because I feel an influence in my life and it's something that is a part of me and I can't let it go. Why should I? It's mine and it's personal and whatever it is, it is for me! It keeps me grounded and grateful and committed to being the best person I can be and doing my part to make the world a better place. And most importantly to this thread:

IT IS NOT BASED ON FEAR OF ARMAGEDDON, HELLFIRE, ETERNAL DEATH AND CONDEMNATION OR ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!

SWEET FREEDOM!

sweet tee

(PS. why should anyone look forward to mass destruction when earthquakes and hurricanes and their carnage break our hearts even now ... would mass casualties at an Armageddon be any different for people with compassion?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit