My Scan Results

by Dansk 71 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

As many of you will know, yesterday I received my scan results from the haematologist. When I entered his office he was beaming and so I thought the news would be good. It was!! The chemotherapy has shrunk the cancerous lymph nodes in my stomach substantially!! I was shown both the scan and the report and so I was really happy over the news.

Next Thursday I go for my fourth round of chemotherapy. After the course is completed the doctor wants me to have a stem cell transplant (some time next year). First of all that would entail my receiving a heavier dose of chemo (which, obviously, bothers me somewhat) and having a 3-4 week stay in hospital. However, there have been some excellent results using this regimen for my condition so I guess the plusses outweigh the minuses!

Marjorie,

Thanks for the e-mail. I thought I'd let you all know by posting here! (((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))

Love,

Ian

• under74
    under74

OH Ian! I know it's not the best but I've heard really good things about stem cell transplants. But I'm just really glad the lymphnodes have shrunk!!

I'll make sure the vigil keeps up through Thursday

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Ian, bugger me backwards, this is fantastic news.

steve

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Yay! Thank God for modern medicine! :D

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

great news, Ian !!!

• fairchild
    fairchild

That is wonderful news!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Great news!

• Purza
    Purza

That is wonderful -- I am so happy for you!!!

Purza

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Like the old Johnny Mathis song said.....................................................

"It's wonderful wonderful..................."

HappyDad

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

That is such awesome news.

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit