WARM CHRISTIAN LOVE SHOWN BY THE WITNESSES

by findingmyway 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    I have nothing but respect for old folks.

I do too. I don't even know enough people who are 70 and older to make a blanket statement about how feel about that age group as a whole. But, I do know enough of them (my grandparents included) that I like them in spite of any grouchiness that may be attributed to their age. And I wouldn't want to see them disregarded and set aside like yesterday's garbage.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I'm not grouchy...lol I know why she has no witnesses to go to..all the "Good" ones left! They are here..(He He) The ones that don't give a darn with hearts of steel are still witnesses....right? Snoozy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, the elders have up and done it. They've nailed the coffin shut on my husband's loyalty and trust. My hubby, Art, has had it. He's leaving the congregation. For over a year now, Art has faithfully driven a mentally challenged JW to and from the meetings. It seems the regular members had gotten tired of this chore.

I like the guy, he's really sweet. But the elders will have to find another chump to do their "dirty" work.

Funny, in my congregation, every assignment is given honor, each member fitted together like a body; from the janitor to the door greeter to the nursery worker to the sound man to the usher, to the praying grandma, to the teen guitarist, to the librarian, to the song leader, to the cookie maker, to the bible study leader, to the biker-evangelist, to the bulletin board updater.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    My hubby, Art, has had it. He's leaving the congregation.

jgnat,

Is this true? He's finally had enough, huh?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, all true. Even though I speak with forked tongue.

• juni
    juni

ANOTHER ONE KICKED TO THE CURB

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

thats indicative of today really, western culture has our old fogies relegated to Hindrance Class. I live with my mrs' folks, theyre in their 70's and thats the way it is, Greek culture rocks!!

The oldies at my old hall were funny, some right old ravers, i remember one old sister, coming into the literature room, mind you this is back in the late 80's and its when some rbown small book came out, the title escapes me, but she goes in the loudest voice (she was a touch deaf) "have ya got any of dem nigger brown books?" Shocked, well considering the brother doing the duty at that time was of African descent, the irony wasn't lost on him i can tell you. She thought nothing of her comment and the brother who was a good mate of mine just cracked up laughing when she left the room and said he'd get her back!

Never did find out what he got her back with....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Classic ! We should keep this for whenever the examples of Christian hospitality are shoved at us..

My thoughts? I am impressed with the fairmindedness of those on the board who did not rush to condemn , well done. I accept also that there are two sides to everything - but it is still wrong and outside of there own code of conduct that this sister had to fall back on the "World" for help. We are talking about a whole congo of people , if one could not help her any more, surely they could find another who could? - If they wanted to..

Perhaps she was "difficult", well so what! does Christian love extend only to those whom you like?? The fact is, according to the paper she is a sister in need and the congo was duty bound to help What does Christ think of them?

BTW. have you looked at the photo in the newspaper report? She has her back to the camera going in the door, but she sure does not look like a little old lady to me!! If I stand as tall as that at 78 I will be well pleased.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit