WARM CHRISTIAN LOVE SHOWN BY THE WITNESSES

by findingmyway 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Or she drove her hosts totally out of their mind with [pick one or more] (1) using all the hot water; (2) singing Kingdom songs in the toilet; (3) criticizing the house, the food, the kids, or the spirituality of her hosts; (4) saying one too many times, "well, in MY house we do it THIS way"; (5) insisting on a special diet that she got from a circuit overseer's wife; (6) going through the host's video collection to see if she can find anything objectionable to report to the elders; or (7) all of the above.

Nina

• Balsam
    Balsam

Just a thought here folks

I can't help but wonder about all the facts concerning this gal. JW's religion aside, there may have been something about this lady that turned the off the generosity of the families off. I don't know but I am not so quick to criticize people's lack of generosity. The fact is we don't know the whole story, and what kind of JW gal this was and how she behaved once she was in their home. Some people are totally lacking in good manners. You all know people who seem ok until your around them more and see that they are totally lacking in common sense and good manners.

For example: One time when we lived in an apartment, the power went out in the entire complex except our building. We had lost power for 2 days. The rest lost power for 2 weeks due to ice storms in the winter and it was very very cold. Well a lady I'd befriended in the complex asked if her grown children could stay with us in our apartment till the power was back on. I said sure. Well it was pure hell, they literally took over our place. One hr baths using up all the hot water with the shower running. Finally we had to ask them to leave. They did provide their own food but I coudnt' even use my own kitchen they took it over. The daughter used up all my cologne my husband had bought me for our anniversary without asking. They took over our TV and we literally couldn't watch our programs we liked. They stayed for 3 days and two nights. After that I was breaking out in hives from having them there. The mother was mad I asked them to leave, and she just would not listen to me when I tried to explain. Needless to say the friendship ended and no appreciation at all was ever expressed for letting them stay there for the time they did.

Sad to say I am much more cautious about being so willing to help.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    The fact is we don't know the whole story, and what kind of JW gal this was and how she behaved once she was in their home. Some people are totally lacking in good manners. You all know people who seem ok until your around them more and see that they are totally lacking in common sense and good manners.

True...there are 3 sides to every story. Here's what we know...she was 78. She left the first home because the family was going out of town. o.k. they didn't want to leave a 78 year old woman home alone -- she could have special needs. But the other family sent her on her way because they had other family visiting -- that's temporary. If you have a house full of people, how much more difference does one person make. We all have heard the awesome, heartwarming stories about people who have taken in entire families who were victims of Hurricane Katrina. That's a real inconvenience.

Now, it's possible that she may have been a bit spunky, maybe even a little rude, but I'm not so sure how rowdy you can expect a 78 year old woman to be to make you put her out on the street with a 14-day hotel voucher. My conscience would not allow me to do such a thing. I have opened my home to family members who were not very good or respectful guests, but I didn't put any of them out.

According to what the witnesses believe, after Armageddon, there will be trying times worse than the after affects of Hurricane Katrina. What are these types of witnesses going to do when they have to put up 20 families, instead of one person. Just a question.

• Balsam
    Balsam

findingmyway,

Yes excellent point. It looks like the witness who took her in would have been really bothered about dumping their spiritual sister out on the streets after what she had been through. It does not show much love. It is one thing to put up with obnoxious family members it is is another thing to put up with a stranger though. But as we were always told there are no strangers in Jehovah's organization we were all brothers & sisters. All family. So how will the WTS explain this away. Why didn't the WTS put this sister up somewhere maybe even in Bethel where they surely have vacant rooms available. It does leave a lot of of questions as to why the congregational Elders did not step in to assist this elderly sister. I know if it was me when my mother was elderly and alive I would have been really angry if the brothers and sisters would have been unwilling to care for her in a situation like that. And she was a pistol, who didn't hesitate to speak her mind whether you liked it or not. LOL This sister is likely the same way.

Their Christian love is lacking.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I agree with you! It seems very callous and unloving. But I've known some really irritating 78-year-olds . . .

Nina

• FairMind
    FairMind
    It seems very callous and unloving

"Seems" is the key word. We really don't know what the true facts are only what the paper says. My gut feel is that there is a lot that the newspaper didn't say that might make people less likely to criticize the other JWs involved (JMO).

• Soledad
    Soledad

Forgive me for saying this, but it's what I feel

I can't stand the majority of the 70+ crowd. I've known quite a few, some have been nice, but the majority are real a**holes!

They expect to be waited on hand and foot. They don't think twice about using racial slurs around whomever. They think they can lecture you endlessly, and don't even think you can talk back. They'll overpower a room with there mere presence, and boy do they love to be "present." I would love nothing more than to punch the lights out of one of those types!

• magoo
    magoo

Being only 78 years young, they probably frowned on her not being a full time pioneer.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    Forgive me for saying this, but it's what I feel

I can't stand the majority of the 70+ crowd. I've known quite a few, some have been nice, but the majority are real a**holes!

Too much time at the Hall? I have nothing but respect for old folks. Sure they can be a pain in the arse at times, but for the most part they've earned the right in my estimation. These are the last vestiges of the generation who went through the depression and WWII. If these guys are disrespected, I can't imagine how my lifelong pampered old a$$ will be treated.

• yesidid
    yesidid

They expect to be waited on hand and foot. They don't think twice about using racial slurs around whomever. They think they can lecture you endlessly, and don't even think you can talk back. They'll overpower a room with there mere presence, and boy do they love to be "present." I would love nothing more than to punch the lights out of one of those types!

This doesn't say much about the 70 plus crowd, but it does say a lot about you.

yesidid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit