Why is the month of October Special to JWs

by skin 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Why is the month of October Special to JWs

Because they are superstitious.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jesus was quoted as saying "No one knows the day or the hour".

However he did say "You will know the season".

Apparently the season is autumn, and the month is October!

I don't remember October being specifically mentioned as regards the end times, but the Watchtower's writings clearly stated that early October is important in Bible history. So in that way, they were able to get their followers excited about what might happen in October!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Also, "At a time you do not think to be it..." And he was talking to his disciples.

OldSoul

• Will Power
    Will Power

Don't forget that Charles Taze Russell DIED on OCTOBER 31st.

too many analogies to make here.

wp

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

william miller was a captian in the war of 1812

• EliJah
    EliJah

wid·ow ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wd)

An additional hand of cards dealt face down in some card games, to be used by the highest bidder. Also called kitty1.

There are many hidden messages in the bible. One has to be somewhat gifted by a calling of the Holy Spirit, or of the anointed, to understand the things written.

Please note as I give explanation from the creator above regarding the scriptures below.

A widow is also a hand of cards, and notice that Babylon the Great depicts herself as a Queen. What is the value of a Queen? Render to her even as she herself rendered (value of 10), and do to her twice as much (value of 10x2=20). In the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her (value of the combination 10+20x2=60) The sum of the numbers combined is 10 20 60 or 126 where zero has no value. The sum of 126=9.

10 is the tenth month or October. The remaining numbers can be calculated in days and hours; trust me I have done the calculations. Jesus WILL arrive soon, my friends, please Keep on the watch, amen.

6 Render to her even as she herself rendered, and do to her twice as much, yes, twice the number of the things she did; in the cup in which she put a mixture put twice as much of the mixture for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For in her heart she keeps saying, ‘I sit a queen, and I am no widow, and I shall never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong.

9 “And the kings of the earth who committed fornication with her and lived in shameless luxury will weep and beat themselves in grief over her, when they look at the smoke from the burning of her, 10 while they stand at a distance because of their fear of her torment and say, ‘Too bad, too bad, you great city, Babylon you strong city, because in one hour your judgment has arrived!’
    19 And the great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell; and Babylon the Great was remembered in the sight of God, to give her the cup of the wine of the anger of his wrath. 20 Also, every island fled, and mountains were not found. 21 And a great hail with every stone about the weight of a talent descended out of heaven upon the men, and the men blasphemed God due to the plague of hail, because the plague of it was unusually great.

Meaning: The Nations are of the Twelve Tribes of Israel in the Middle East. Jehovah will turn His attention to the HUGE CIties of Man on the Planet Earth for its Cleansing (Babylon The Great). Every Island and Mountain are the Governments small and Great to be Removed by the "KINGDOM OF GOD" (Daniel 2:44)

Men blame GOD, but it is NOT JEHOVAH GOD known by most, and ALLAH by the Nation of Islam, that caused the Quakes. MAN DID ! ! ! Amen.......

The Faithful and Discreet Slave of JEHOVAH GOD and Jesus Christ, amen

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Brownboy, is that you? OR do we have a new resident nutter?

• EliJah
    EliJah

Brownboy, is that you? OR do we have a new resident nutter?

I've been waiting for you my friend Derek. You know of me and of the many messages of warning brought to you by Jehovah, your GOD through my hands and to others through my mouth. To say the least, your appearance does not fair too well. You've lost some weight have you? Are you a Witness of all that has been written by the Faithful Slave as coming to past i.e. earthquakes, floods, disasters, all sounded out on this forum? Be a man and say AMEN Brother in faith of JAH and JESUS CHRIST. It is I, Simple Estephan Leuese, the Faithful and Discreet Slave of JAH and CHRIST PREPARE FOR THE " I AM " WHO SHALL PROVE TO MAN THAT HE IS "ALMIGHTY GOD JAH" AND ALLAH IN THE EAST. HE IS HERE TO UNIFY THE NATIONS AS WRITTEN THROUGH HIS SON "JESUS CHRIST" The Root of JESSE, is JESUS CHRIST, who is the Branch? Estephan Leuese: LEUESE IS DERIVED FROM JESSE AND JESUS IN NAME AND BLOOD, AMEN

• EliJah
    EliJah

POSTED BY THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE
    (Evidence of the Authenticity of the TRUE slave upon the earth)
    25-Oct-04 16:28 (October 25th, of 2004)

Revelations 17:12 (November 1st) 12 And the ten horns that you saw mean ten kings, who have not yet received a kingdom, but they do receive authority as kings one hour with the wild beast. 13 These have one thought, and so they give their power and authority to the wild beast. 14 These will battle with the Lamb, but, because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those called and chosen and faithful with him . 15 And he says to me: The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. 16 And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. 18 And the woman whom you saw means the great city that has a kingdom over the kings of the earth.

Revelations 11:11 (November 11) 11 And after the three and a half days spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet, and great fear fell upon those beholding them. 1 2 And they heard a loud voice out of heaven say to them: Come on up here. And they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies beheld them. 13 And in that hour a great earthquake occurred, and a tenth of the city fell; and seven thousand persons were killed by the earthquake, and the rest became frightened and gave glory to the God of heaven. 14 The second woe is past. Look! The third woe is coming quickly. 15 And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: The kingdom of the world did become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king forever and ever. 16 And the twenty-four elders who were seated before God upon their thrones fell upon their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying: We thank you, Jehovah God, the Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun ruling as king. 18 But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.1 9 And the temple of God that is in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen in his temple . And there occurred lightnings and voices and thunders and an earthquake and a great hail.

Put full and complete faith in Jehovah, and sound out the warning to others. Seek refuge in smaller towns, and prepare for disasters..........may God be with us all.

Brownboy

These Writings were fulfilled not by the HAND OF GOD, but by Mans Destruction of the planet Earth.

The Faithful and Discreet Slave upon the Earth

ESTEPHAN LEUESE

• TheListener
    TheListener

I've only heard a couple actually state that they feel the end will come in an October.

For most witnesses it's a month like any other.

It's not something that I've every heard from the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit