KNOW ANY GOOD THOUGHT-PROVOKING MOVIES?

by stillAwitness 21 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

What movies have you seen go so hand in hand with the WT to the point where you can use its storyline to explain to somebody what it is like being a JW. I used the movie "The Island" with Scarlett Johnassen to explain it to a workmate. She completely understood what it is like being a JW it after I made the comparison. Anyone seen that movie? I wanna see more movies and read more books that realte to the Society in that way. Anyone know any?

• defd
    defd

well this is not what you had in mind. But one movie does touch on some teachings of ours. when I watched it i thought to my self "that is so true"........................BRUCE ALMIGHTY

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

1984 is a great book for any readers. Newspeak and the Pure Language sound like carbon copies in some parts.

The movie was good, but the imagery is a bit dated now.

OldSoul

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The Village. I saw similarities of it and the organization when watching it.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"THX-1138", George Lucas underrated first sci-fi film presents a good depiction of life inside the borg. Also, LOGANS RUN, a depiction of a "utopian" controlling society which strongly reminded my of the WTS mode of thinking.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

The village sounds good but no offense KiD-A THX-1138 and what was it Logan's run? Doesn't exactly sound like a "must see"? Its not just a lot of talking and stuff in it is it? Don't have me checking something out at Blockbuster that has me falling asleep.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

The village sounds good but no offense KiD-A THX-1138 and what was it Logan's run? Doesn't exactly sound like a "must see"? Its not just a lot of talking and stuff in it is it? Don't have me checking something out at Blockbuster that has me falling asleep.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

"The Matrix"

Not the slow mo gun violence. Just the revelation that all that you know is not real. Red Pill, Blue Pill. Once you know the real facts, it is impossible to have your old life back.

• Jez
    Jez

Pleasantville is a great movie that shows what a perfect world would look like. How boring it would be, how devoid of 'color', how change, pain, sex, freedom of thinking etc is what life is all about. I actually wrote an essay on this movie in a English university film course. Great movie!

5 ways to get to heaven. (I think that is the title) New release. About heaven and what it 'could' be like. Very interesting.

The Matrix for sure makes me think of being a JW and 'waking up'.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Its not just a lot of talking and stuff in it is it?

ummmmm, I dont think I have a response for that one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit