Here's PROOF that Charles Taze Russell Was NOT a Pennsylvania Freemason

by AndersonsInfo 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reslight2
    reslight2

That symbol is the Egyptian Sun God RA, who is associated with Horus. No one has ever even tried to explain to me what this symbol was doing on the front cover of jw literature at the time they were supposedly "chosen" by Christ. to represent God on earth.

The Egyptians, having the spirit of perversion, perverted much symoblism of the Hebrews for use in their idolatry. -- Isaiah 19:14.

Russell, who was never a member of the JW organization, chose the special symbolization of the sun disk with wings to represent several scriptures, especially that of Malachi 4:2.

http://ctr.reslight.net/?p=322

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Russell has no demonstrable membership as a mason.

The simple explanation is that he was an eclectic borrower of ideas, and freemasonry was one of his sources he borrowed from. This is not unusual or unexpected. Then, and now, we are awash in masonic symbols and terminology.

Have a look. Here I am at the birthplace of Joseph Smith, in Vermont.

Joseph Smith was born here!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

And Joseph Smith was a Mason; there is direct proof of this unlike what we have in the case of Charles Russell.

Tuesday, [March] 15 [1842]. — I officiated as grand chaplain at the installation of the Nauvoo Lodge of Free Masons, at the Grove near the Temple. Grand Master Jonas, of Columbus, being present, a large number of people assembled on the occasion. The day was exceedingly fine; all things were done in order, and universal satisfaction was manifested. In the evening I received the first degree in Freemasonry in the Nauvoo Lodge, assembled in my general business office. (History of the Church, by Joseph Smith, Deseret Book, 1978, Vol.4, Ch.32, p.550-1)

• Terry
    Terry

Pastor Russell was probably born in Kenya, Africa. After all, he never showed his birth certificate!

He...uh....huh? Oh, sorry---I've been listening to too much Donald Trump.......

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Thanks barbara, Mary and Leolaia for the great information.

The bible students that were on the six screens conference call a few weeks ago replied to why Russell used the Winged disk on his books and gave the same comment as another on this thread about the Malachi verse. while I am not a defender of Russell, as I do believe his teachings were mostly odd and not scriptural, I think some things that are not true have been said about him to make him seem even wierder then he was.

The FreeMason thing is one. I also heard someone on the conference call say Russell was part of the Illuminati, for which my husband and I had a good laugh at that one.

I agree he borrowed wording and ideas from others and that is all. There never was any real proof he was a Mason. Also I agree with the poster who said the Occult Theocracy book was not well researched. I am glad I only paid a few bucks for the online version. Peace, Lilly

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If C Russel was not a bonifide Freemason he certainly was a plagiarizer of whatever he came across to place on his books and magazines.

It is not surprising at all that he would use a cross and crown symbol on the Watchtower, for he really wanted to attract the attention

of the already recognized Christians out in the general public.

C Russell was the father of the commercially viable doctrines that the WTS. still uses to this day.

Him being a Freemason doesn't really hold any relevance if he was or wasn't.

Him being a turn of the century religious charlatan does have relevance for it gives a evaluative insight

to how and why this organization got started and how and why it still exists today.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Russell borrowed laguage and artwork from the Adventists, Freemasons, Egyptians, John Taylor (the pyramids), among others to create his ecclectic concoction of religion.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I agree with the earlier poster that, regardless of whether Russell was an official Mason or not, Masonic ideas and visual images clearly influenced him. People should write their own letters and retain them for the record. His official membership is a detail but not an important one.

• clarity
    clarity

6 “‘A son, for his part, honors a father; and a servant, his grand master. So if I am a father, where is the honor to me? And if I am agrand master, where is the fear of me?’ Jehovah of armies has said to YOU , O priests who are despising my name.

clarity

......whoops!
  • shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

[url]http://youtu.be/UO2Mg_NBL5Y[/url]

See? Here's the grave and the pyramid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit