Here's PROOF that Charles Taze Russell Was NOT a Pennsylvania Freemason

by AndersonsInfo 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

"The Freemason organization will not give out their names, degrees or positions. It is super secret with a death oath."

Not necessarily true. Each lodge determines whether to make the records available. Some share and some don't

• *lost*
    *lost*

NE excellent

• reslight2
    reslight2

The imagination of the gossipers and witch hunters can continue to find one imagined "evidence" after another that Russell was a member of the Freemasons. The words, and actions, and work, of any person can, if one keeps trying to find some way to so, be twisted to sometimes mean almost the very opposite of the reality.

Russell did, at times, make use of Freemasons' terminology, not to condone or promote the Freemasons, but simply to illustrate some similar terminology used in the Bible.

There is nothing at all on Rutherford's pyramid monument however, that is, of itself, of the Freemasons. I do not believe that Russell knowlingly used anything that promoted any Freemason symbolism; since he admitted that the photos used in the Photo-Drama came from many different sources, it may have been that some them did come from people who were, or who had been at one time a member of the Freemasons. The Biblical symbolism of the cross and crown is not exclusive to the Freemasons (actually the Knights Templar -- not all Freemasons use that symbolism). NOTE: to be accepted as a member of the Knights Templar, I have been told that one has to believe in the alleged Christian trinity-- Russell did not believe in the trinity.

Nevertheless, anyone who has actually studied Russell's works know that he did not spend almost his entire life, his time and money, preaching a doctrine contrary to what he is often alleged to have actually been supporting, evidently by preaching a doctrine contrary to what he actually was supporting. Most, however, who make these allegations do not actually know what Russell taught, nor why he taught what he taught, although they may think that they do know what Russell taught.

http://www.rlbible.com/ctr/?page_id=2055

• *lost*
    *lost*

NE what about the 'white aprons', didn't russel fashion himself a white apron or toga, just befor he died ?

I have always wondered if Russel was a genuine 'Christian' and it was Rutherford who 'corrupted' things.

Much to sort out.

I too one time had an interesting conversation with a very 'wealthy' man, of high standing and

of foreign origins who told me some pretty interesting things.

an older woman in our company, who used to clean the Masons building, nearly had a heart attack, lol.

Knights Templar, where they not foundation 'stock' for the Freemasons, but they became to prominent and powerful, so the church turned on them,

they fled to distant lands to escape with their lives, those who could that is.

• reslight2
    reslight2

Sturgeon had reported, before he claimed that Russell asked for a Roman toga, that he could not understand what Russell was saying, and he also reported that Russell was trying to find some way to keep warm; Russell indicated that he wanted two sheets, one on the front and one on the back, fastened together over his shoulders. Sturgeon claimed that Russell had asked for a "Roman Toga"; in view of the earlier reported efforts of Russell trying to find a way to keep warm, I believe that either Sturgeon may have misunderstood Russell, or that if Russell did ask for a Roman toga, he was simply asking for some way to keep his body warm. I highly doubt that he was trying to make some kind of statement by asking for Roman toga.

As far as the Knights Templar are concerned, they claim that they are not actually connected to the earlier "Knights Templar".

At any rate, the way it has been explained to me by several different Masons is that one can be a member of the Freemasons without joining the Knights Templar; one can be a member of the Freemasons without professing to be a Christian, but one does have to profess to believe in God, defined as the Supreme Being. Thus, at least theorectically, one could be a Jew or Muslim, or even a deist, and become a member of the Freemasons. An atheist, however, cannot join the Freemasons. Nevertheless, to join the Knights Templar (as it is today, not the old Knights Templar of several centuries ago), one has be a member of the Freemasons, and additionally one has to profess to be Christian, and a believer in the trinity. Thus, a Jew or a Muslim cannot join the Knights Templar, even though he may be a member of the Freemasons, except that he should become a Christian. Several of the Knights Templar I have spoken with have claimed that they, being Christian, had simply adopted the cross and crown symbolism from the traditional churches.

Russell, in his writings, seemed to confuse the Knights Templar and the Freemasons as being one and the same thing; however, I have come across many people who seem to think the same thing.

• PleiadesPoliceman
    PleiadesPoliceman

I learned tonight Russell was not a fan of organized religion, no way he wanted to be a freemason with his anti-organized religion and rituals.

• *lost*
    *lost*

If he was looking to keep warm, why would he ask for 2 white sheets ?

Why not the obvious, blankets ?

Also, I meant the original Knights Templar's.

It is also my understanding the have to believe in a god, an entity, never heard it metioned before or read it has to be the Christian God the Father.

There was a lot of talk Jack the ripper was freemason, hence the dis-embowelment and the throwing of the entrails over the shoulder.

Very interesting subject.

• reslight2
    reslight2

Russell already had a blanket, which had been wrapped around him, but that was not satisactory. See Menta Sturgeon's report:

http://www.mostholyfaith.com/bible/reprints/Z1916DEC.asp#Z360:11

• *lost*
    *lost*

Yes, I have read it before. Aside from the blankets.

he requested a Roman 'toga' be made for him.

he looked like he was clothed in a shroud as he died.

• reslight2
    reslight2

*lost* stated:

Yes, I have read it before. Aside from the blankets.

he requested a Roman 'toga' be made for him.

he looked like he was clothed in a shroud as he died.

All I can say is that it is claimed that Sturgeon reported that Russell asked for a Roman toga. He may have, I don't know; the point is that any kind of religious signficance concerning such would have to be assumed and read into the request. The alleged "Roman toga" that Russell is alleged to have asked for consisted of two sheets, one in front, one in back, attached to each other over his shoulders. This just sounds to me that Russell was simply trying to find someway to warm himself more comfortably than the former methods tried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit