How Do JWs Misapply The Scriptures???

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

Yah blondie , it's in a WTBTS publication which is the same as being in the bible. That and the you must show up to the memorial only to reject the symbols of christs suffering . That whole dogma of the "observer" class is another miss application of scripture .

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

are JWs the only ‘Christian’ religion that actually teaches ‘pure hatred’ (in the Biblical sense of course)? And how do they reconcile the doctrine of hate with the New Covenant doctrine of love?

As a non-Witness I’m always amazed at what I find on my very own copy of the Watchtower CD.

Exhibit A

Watchtower 1952 Oct 1 pp. 599-602 A Strong Refuge Today

….We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest. Surely any haters of God are not fit to live on his beautiful earth. The earth will be rid of the wicked and we shall not need to lift a finger to cause physical harm to come to them, for God will attend to that…...

……. Prophetically it is written: “Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred.” (Ps. 139:19-22, AS) …..

…..We cannot love those hateful enemies, for they are fit only for destruction. We utter the prayer of the psalmist: “How long, O God, shall the adversary reproach? Shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever? Why drawest thou back thy hand, even thy right hand? Pluck it out of thy bosom and consume them.” (Ps. 74:10, 11, AS) We pray with intensity and cry out this prayer for Jehovah to delay no longer, and plead that his anger be made manifest. Bring forth your arm and let the enemies see it, and use it for their hurt and destruction…….

Exhibit B

Matthew 5:43–44 NWT
    You heard that it was said you must love your neighbor and hate your enemy. However, I say to you: continue to love your enemies and pray for those persecuting you; that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens.

Which of the two examples represents Christianity? Which teaching overrides the other? What did Christ say summed up the law & the prophets?

• heathen
    heathen

Good point jeffcake . Yet another miss application of scripture . The apostle Paul wrote if you are not loving your neighbor you are a man slayer . There is a difference between hating what is bad and hating a human being . It's so easy to hate people and wish them harm where as jesus died for all mankind so they may not die . I think there are people that are just plain evil and will never be worthy of that .

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Yes Heathen, is that what is meant by hate the sin but love the sinner?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit