Another newbie here...

by tall penguin 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Welcome,

Hit the wrong button, shows you how new I am as well.

So sorry about the pain you felt as a young one, JWs love to put their young ones on a guilt trip. In many cases they have some of the best kids but they run them down till they feel like they have no value and are worthless. Those who are in a position of authority become very suspcious about other people's kids and are quick to judgment and to think that a child has a bad motive. Most of the time they are just full energy and want to live life, a real threat to old cranky brothers and sisters.

By the way, I can relate to many of those feelings you had, I was 3 when my mother started studying.

OC

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story, I hope it was theraputic.

Kwin

• Es
    Es

Welcome to the board. Wow what a story....it made me upset and angry at how you have been treated and what you have been through. Look forward to hearing more from you

es

• Shania
    Shania

As you can see, we are all happy to have you here. Sounds like you are on the road to recovery, and we are all here to help each other along. I'm so sorry for the kangaroo court you had to endure, nobody should have to go through that, it is just plain evil..............so here is a big(((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))) for you. Shania

• alw
    alw

Welcome Tall Penguin

Thanks for sharing your story - a courageous act - very encouraging - enjoy the board and we look forward to your many posts. Enjoy your freedom and enjoy your life. alw

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Tall Penguin

Cellist

• arwen
    arwen

a warm welcome to you....I know you will find a lot of very good people here who have been through much the same experiences as you have. I hope you post lots and it is nice to see you here.

• juni
    juni

Good evening TallPenguin!

Welcome to a place where you will find friends who truly know what you've been through. Yes. I also feel fibromyalgia and depression are common illnesses w/Witnesses. Those who have left and also those that are still in experience these illnesses. Everyone handles pressure differently. I personally suffer from both. Fibromyalgia is better as I am on anti-anxiety meds, but depending on the stress level determines how bad I feel. Juni Breeze

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome to the board! You will like it here. You are among friends.

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

Welcome tall penguin!

You are at the beginning of a wonderful spiritual road.
    Keep in close touch with God in prayer and He will bless you.
    Get a good study Bible if you don't have one already.

I have found that reading the biographies of missionaries such as
    George Muller, William Booth and Gladys Aylward are an excellent
    way of seeing a true Christian walk with God in modern times.

Blessings,

Pastor Ron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit