Hello...I'm sort of new!

by calico 41 Replies latest jw friends

• mad max
    mad max

.............and welcome from me MAD MAX.

I must have been mad to be sold down the river as it has been mentioned above.

When I left ....in a way...you can read on my profile, I looked on the net, going back to 1800hundreds....right up today about the society....THEN I JUST KNEW i could never go back or be part of the org.

Welcome again.

One day at a time.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Welcome to a whole new life, actually your real self

Make sure you have fun!!!

Andy

• Undecided
    Undecided

Welcome to the board. It takes time to leave it all behind, but you will never forget it, it was a part of your life.

I had been a JW for nearly 40 years and was the PO. I took a look at myself and realized that no Holy Spirit was involved in getting me there. I had just been following a bunch of old men in Brooklyn and I was tired of all the crap so I just quit and moved away. I moved back in less than a year and faded out. It has taken years to completely get unhooked from all cult influence in my brain. It's been 32 years of good life since. Good luck on your journey.

Ken P.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome to the board, calico. Now that you know what you DON'T want, have you put any thought in to what you DO want out of life?

• defd
    defd

calico

I do not know what your situation is but from what you revealed to us so far I must admit I am in a similiar boat. All I can say is DO NOT give up.

"So let us not give up in doing what is fine, for in due season we shall reap if we do not tire out." Galatians 6:9

Take the matter to Jehovah in prayer. Remember It is the "FRIENDS" who are doing this to you NOT Jehovah!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome to the board Calico. I don't know how long you've been fading or how much you've researched (I see you've read CoC) but keep it up. If you haven't read In Search of Christian Freedom (ISoCF) I highly recommend it.

We all understand you need for privacy. I'm in the same boat you are except that I still attend. Although my elder friends are beginning to wonder if I'm up to something. Yeah, I am up to something, I'm starting to shed my skin like a snake and start a new life.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Welcome ... no reason to be obsessively detailed and document every ridiculous detail like I have. . . .

Don't worry about spilling too much .... we all know it takes time.

I hope you find some comfort here.

-ithinkisee

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    it's the most attention I've had in a long time! My head might explode!!

Welcome! Yeah, its funny how you come on to a site where so many left the "truth" and get so much attention that you never got at the kh isnt it? I think I have made more friends on here than I have ever had going to the hall!

• defd
    defd

Buttlight

You are just STARVING for attention! You attention hog.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome, Calico! Look forward to hearing more of your story!

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit