From a true American patriot

by Simon 55 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And a society run by lawyers...is a society with NO ACCOUNTABLITY...in ALL areas of life...

Agreed - Society is best run by scientists , engineers and technologists

• talesin
    talesin

lol @ Stilla

U/D

So, lawyers, hey? Silly me, I thought the world was being run by the corporate scumbags!

tal

• upside/down
    upside/down
    So, lawyers, hey? Silly me, I thought the world was being run by the corporate scumbags!

What does EVERY large corporation (including the WTS) have?

Armies of lawyers!

Why?

To ensure their "interests" are furthered in the world arena...through the implementation of laws that favor their particular "interests" (ie. profit making). There are other uses...defending itself against frivilous lawsuits...handling legitimate "claims"...filing legal documents...taxes...etc. Oh yeah...and making a tidy little profit for their "labors" too.

Remember...US corporations are NOT the only corporations...

So in effect you are right...IBM, Exxon, Microsoft, deBeers and Wal-Mart...do "run" the planet...but not without their legions of lawyers.

Many politicians...are/were lawyers...doesn't that make sense? Once they've made their money as a lawyer...they move on to power. How many non-millionaire politicians can you name....( I know there's a token few...)?

u/d(of the if every kindergartner knows the rules...why do we need so many damn laywers? class)

• Simon
    Simon
    So since Simon originally made the comparison... if everyone who is affected by our countries governmental decisions is allowed to voice their opinion, then why isnt ANYone who is affected by the decisions made here allowed to voice their opinion?

Rule number 11 clearly forbids anyone from disagreeing with any decision made here. (everyone who has followed that rule and pm'd and/or emailed their concerns knows that they almost always go unanswered so that is not an option)

If were making comparisons, then why doesnt any foreigner who wants to disagree with how this country is run send an email or PM to the president and not post publically about it. You'll probably get more of a response than you would if you bring up a valid problem here.

Flower, I understand the point you are trying to make but your analogy is a poor one IMO.

You are allowed to voice your opinion of the government but you don't get to do it on the governments website do you or march into congress and start shouting about things?

The reason for the rules on this site is to maintain some sort of order, not to prevent discussion. I am happy to discuss things but some people go too far for too long - once they have had an answer but don't like what they hear they keep badgering and repeating the same topics until they imagine they will get one they do like. The forum ends up just discussing itself and that isn't what it's here for hence the rule.

Now, people are free to express their opinion of this board and me (even if a lot of what some people say are outright lies). You cannot deny that they have this freedom because it happens. It does not mean though that I have to provide the venue for them to air their views about me if I don't agree with them and if they want to bitch about me.

Politicians respond to public pressure which is why holding government policies to account is important and making your opinions heard is important. A private club or system does not claim to be representative of the people and so does not have to bow to pressure from them. Even if it did, I believe that the majority of people prefer a site which is moderated and kept as civil as possible. If some people don't want a site like this then they are free to go to one that caters / panders more to them.

Complaining that you do not like how this site is run is akin to going to a seafood restaurant and shouting that you think fish stinks and want some beef. If you want beef, go to a steakhouse!

• Golf
    Golf

Simon, it boils down to, "It's people that kill people, not guns." You may want to read the following;

www.newswithviews.com/DeWeese/tom36.htm "American Life Under A National ID Card" by Tom DeWeese.

Maybe someone should pose a question to the Native American Indians who the true patriots are.

Golf

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Like lots of brits the idea of a road trip "driving across America" is very appealing. Maybe one day ...

I'm guessing you won't have to spend a single night in a motel on that trip! There will be no shorage of "American hospitality" shown you and Ang wherever you go. You have friends all over this country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit