Watch Tower sues Quotes for $100,000 plus plus plus...

by Quotes 354 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'm gobsmacked - utterly ridiculous.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Thanks for your input, everyone.

Yes, this is pretty amazing. "Confidential information", indeed! I don't recall it being labelled as such when I was delivering it to strangers homes!

Please do "Advertize, Advertize, Advertize" this. Post to your web site. To those that helped me with Press Releases last time, please contact me if you can help me again -- or don't even bother to contact me, just send new Press Releases.

~Quotes, of the "Fair Dealing" class

• Scully
    Scully

I wonder how far I would get if I went to a lawyer wanting to sue someone for "embarrassing" me over something I really did, or something I really said.

I mean, really.... how CHILDISH can you get?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Exactly Scully
    and what is it they are embarassed about???

nice WWW - don't mark for relief...gaaaa

the list is too long !

What is most embarassing to everyone should be the number of dysfunctional families and people in general, who have been touched by THEIR freedom and who they dispose of at will like yesterday's news.

Old light indeed

what about OUR freedom

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Quotes,

I hope you raise hell with this. Definitely this should be broadcast to the blogging community ... especially communities about religious freedom blah blah blah. Imagine if it got Slash-Dotted ....

This could be a great news story too. Geez ..

-ithinkisee

• Jourles
    Jourles

LOL. I can't stop laughing. I mean, c'mon, the CDROM is considered confidential?? Basically, all you would need to do is delete any mention of referencing the CDROM and just say you quoted it word for word from the actual publication. That is the part which makes me laugh.

All I can say is, use the EFF if you haven't already contacted them. Electronic Frontier Foundation.

Oh, when they mention the CDROM, are they also including the fully scanned 40's-50's books? I seem to remember the last time you received a notice from them that they brought those up too. They were saying that the books still fell under copyright protection.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I bet the WTBTS solicitors are wetting themselves preparing a case, it's laughable. How can they claim 'Charity' status then demand payment for THEIR message?

34. As a result of his activities (where's the proof?????), the Plaintiffs have suffered and will continue to suffer damages, including but not limited to loss of reputation and goodwill.
    I can't get my head around this. WHAT reputation? THEY are responsible for that - and now it seems they want a scapegoat for their own false teachings.
  • Dansk
    Dansk

Quotes,

I hope you're dealing with this ok. You've got guts, my friend, because most people would shudder knowing they had such a costly a law-suit coming against them. Watchtower would, of course, prefer you to back down, but all the information you have quoted was in the public domain already.

Another stinker is that for years the organisation frowned against its followers getting an education, saying that it won't be needed as the new system will be here very, very soon - and yet it has surrounded itself with loyal JWs who got educated in law! Hypocrites!!

I hope you win this law-suit and help put another nail in Watchtower's coffin. Yes, by all means get press exposure. Watchtower is embarrassed because you've exposed its lies. The rank and file still believe Watchtwer has never stated dates, but we all know about 1914, 1925 and 1975, etc. All this needs to come out in the press and you've got the information to hand.

My two daughters still believe in all the claptrap and won't dare look at alternative information. I think your site did a good public service. THe internet is a very powerful weapon and Watchtower knows that.

Please keep us all informed. I just hope you won't let it get to you and hope you get a great lawyer yourself!

Best wishes,

Ian

• vitty
    vitty

So will you fight it?

Im sure you could raise some money to help, this is a really important battle for everyone and I hope you get the support you need.

If this went public it could do the WT more harm than good, I hope.

Im soooooooooo mad

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving
    loss of reputation

Bwahahahaha! This is too damn funny man. They make a bunch of bullshit prophecies then complain about their "loss of reputation" because someone is providing the means to educate people on their bullshit prophecies!! This lawsuit is so absurd its hilarious. We're behind you a hundred percent Quotes.

GBL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit