Well its Monday morning and I did it ............................

by vitty 21 Replies latest jw friends

• outnfree
    outnfree

Congratulations, vitty! Carry on!

• Ingenuous
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Congratulations! Freedom from booze addiction can open your life to new, better things, perhaps creative type things. ((Vitty))

S

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Congratulations, Vitty!

I quit drinking "cold turkey", too, about 1980. This is not to say that I don't enjoy a rare Irish coffee or a glass of wine or two (limit 2 of anything containing alcohol).

When I used to work in nightclubs, I found that I had worked my way up from a half pint of rum a night to a quart of rum a night over a period of time. I drank so I could "steel" myself up for dealing with nightclub clientele. During that time, I experienced several blackouts where I didn't remember what happened after so many drinks or even how I drove home. One evening, as I was getting ready for work, I discovered that I absolutely HAD TO have a full 8 oz. glass of rum before my hands would stop shaking, so I could apply my makeup. I decided right then that NOTHING was gonna control ME. That was my last night to work in the clubs(getting rid of my reason for heavy drinking)....and my last drinking marathon. From there, I gradually decreased my "nights out" until I only occasionally have a drink or two socially now and that's the way it's been for about 25 yrs.

Frannie

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Vitty ))))) I am so very proud of you.

Even if you don't make your month, you made your first weekend! And you can start it over at any time.

Much love and hugs

Brenda

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

A witness friend of mine (haven't seen her in years) used to do that. She would have 'dry' months just to prove to herself that she didn't have a drinking problem. One time she decided to go for several months.

It made her happy.

Me? I can pretty much take or leave alcohol. If I'm going to drink, I usually plan a couple days in advance. Kind of like a celebratory meal. An evening of drinks is not something that 'just happens' with me.

Sometimes I'm pretty boring....

-Aude.

• Es
    Es

Thats great Vitty congrats you must feel so proud.

es

• Moridin
    Moridin

Congrats !!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Power to ya', Vitty!

Way to go.

Jeff

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Vitty: That is kick ass!! I dont know you but I think that is most admirable!

banished1: My heart goes out to you, and I can relate to your current situation. Keep up doing the best you can.

frannie banannie: Good for you on your long term efforts, you sound like one cool lady

-April

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit