Is being a Witness really so bad? Is religion bad in general?

by jwfacts 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

I have had this discussion with my younger brother, who is attending meetings regularly but not baptized. He insists that he needs to have the BORG in his life or he would be able to be a good person. After my father died we both stopped attending meetings (he was 12, I was 20), he seriously rebelled and at 18 he was in jail for armed burglary. After spending a spending a year in jail, he came out and started attending meetings and re connected with several of his childhood JW friends. He has made a remarkable turnaround in his life, he stopped selling and using drugs and stopped breaking into houses. Despite all that I have shown him about the lies regarding the BORG (he believes me) he is certain that without going to meetings he would end up in jail. So, now I have taken up the stance that I will not discourage him from going to meetings and instead just try to encourage him that he has the possibility of being a "good" person with having to be in an organized religion. He in no way shuns me, even though he knows ALL of my dirt habits and knows that I am full of apostate information. Is he really a better person, just because of the JW lifestyle? I think he is and I am afraid of him being a full-time JW almost as much as I fear him not going back to his old life, which landed him in prison.

What's a brother to do?

Clayton

“Brothers don’t shake hands, brothers got to hug”

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

That"s putting it midly! If someone is looking for a religion that will tear families apart, hide child molesters, tell you exactly how you can have sex, and will tear every thing you hold near and dear to shreds--then JWs are the place for you!

It's sad, but true, the elderly that have not known any other way of life--it would probably send them over the edge.All those lives wasted!!

shelley

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi JWfacts,
    Why don't you quit wasting your time here and look into what is actually true about the resurrection? I recommend some books by Lee Strobel, 'The Case for Faith' and 'The Case for Christ'. All you will get here is confusion and contradiction, and an indoctrination into the board faith: Naturalism.
    Rex

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

religions all started as cults. witnoids are cultoids. apologizers are just aiming for their own cult, pay their primitive rhetoric no heed.

witnoid or naught, it's all counter-productive. tribal shaman or southern born-again, it's systemic to the paleolithic origins of our consciousness.

TS

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I dont see all religions as being bad, only those religions that try to get in the way of the natural progression of life. Religions that encourage mediocraty like the JW's, and religions like the JW's that discourage college education. If everyone in the world thought like JW's there be nothing done except preaching. My family in Ky were born and raised fundamenalist Baptists, but their religion didnt stand in there way to being successful in life, it only enhanced it. Im not against religion in general, only those that try to destroy people and enslave their minds. As far as im concerned JW's top the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit