New member of the Governing Body from Australia

by jwfacts 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Jeff Jackson has just been appointed to the GB. He is a family friend from Tasmania, a little island at the bottom of Australia. He is about 50 and claimed to be annointed when I think he was in his late 30's, as a great shock to everyone. He has spent years as a special pioneer in the Pacific Islands. He has a great sense of humour, and is very intelligent.

I really see the religion changing over the next 20 years. There will be a lot of softening of doctrine and eventually the religion will become more mainstream. The last release 'what does the bible really teach' is written in a very broad and soft way.

• metatron
    metatron

No it isn't - and unfortuantely I can't emphasize this enough!

They are going backwards, tightening up, rejecting change - and the new "Really" plainly manifests

this disturbing trend!

Read the "Knowledge" book and observe how they softpedal holidays and the blood issue. These matters are back to

being utterly hard line now. The same goes for the stake/cross.

The newer "Worship" book - which was just a re-edited "United in Worship"- dropped the blood issue completely!

You could see the chapter on blood as dropped by a side by side comparasion with the older book. This stunned

a Witness I knew into complete silence when I showed it to him!

Does anyone on this site have any doubts that the Society is going backwards on the subject of college?

That it's now back to being strongly discouraged again?

Here's the harsh reality:

REFORM EQUALS APOSTASY IN THEIR EYES! I'm sorry to be the bearer of such bad tidings but you can't expect

change in this organization because anyone suggesting such change would be immediately accused of

"pulling a Ray" or trying to subvert the organization. They've painted themselves into a corner and can't find a

way out.

metatron

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

There have to be these younger Anointeds around to shepherd the flock through the Great Tribulation. The old folks won't make it.

And if The End continues to delay, look for more young people to suddenly get "the spirit" and declare themselves to be among the Anointed.

It is unthinkable at the organization will ever be in the hands of the lowly, second-class, Other Sheep.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    It is unthinkable at the organization will ever be in the hands of the lowly, second-class, Other Sheep.

Ha ha, yeah, and that`s really funny! The "annointed" class is pretty much filled up now. It`s even strange that this guy is in his 50s, and claimed to be annointed only 20 years ago, I didn`t even know that was "allowed". I though the "annointed class" was filled up allready by the late 30s or 40s. What are they gonna do, when they`re all dead, and still no Armageddon? Claim that some of the previous/dead annointed were apostates, or at least mistaken, in their claim to have been annointed? Oh, the future of dubdom is interesting. What will they come up with next...

• bavman
    bavman
    I really see the religion changing over the next 20 years. There will be a lot of softening of doctrine and eventually the religion will become more mainstream. The last release 'what does the bible really teach' is written in a very broad and soft way.

I will believe it when I see it. I remember thinking things were becoming more liberal and were getting better in the borg 10-15 years ago. In recent years they totally reversed this swing and have gotten way more hard core. If this guy really is a good guy he is still only 1 man. (remember Ray Franz)...

• blondie
    blondie

Things are not going to loosen up. Things will get more rigid. The "liberal" elders are being removed in my area because they don't toe the company line. The newer COs follow what NY says and more and more of the older COs are finding "reasons" to bow out of the traveling work.

The WTS does have to find a way to stretch out the time until the "end." If all of the GB were dead (or possible candidates), then the end would have to come. Well, that's what the I've been told over the years.

The real issue is money.

Will the WTS have to resort to tithing?

Blondie

\

• Gordy
    Gordy
    Read the "Knowledge" book and observe how they softpedal holidays and the blood issue. These matters are back to

being utterly hard line now. The same goes for the stake/cross.

The newer "Worship" book - which was just a re-edited "United in Worship"- dropped the blood issue completely!

You could see the chapter on blood as dropped by a side by side comparasion with the older book. This stunned

a Witness I knew into complete silence when I showed it to him!

You then say that they are now "hardline". Yet you say they leave the blood issue out of the new "Worship" book completely.

How is that becoming hardline if they drop it from an important teaching book like that?

Also considering the way they have altered what blood products etc, are allowed now. Compared to say ten years ago, then there is not much left that they can forbid. In fact consensus among many is that the blood issue is in good chance of becoming a "conscience matter" with in the next 2-3 years. As did organ transplants.

Also having recently had a chat with a JW Elder about the cross/stake issue. He said that they are not really bothered if it was a stake or cross. On what Jesus died was not important, but that he did die.

• metatron
    metatron

The "Really" book is more recent than the "Worship" book -and it urges baptism!

The "Really" book, together with the new found condemnation of going to college signals a hardline change after

a period of hopeful drift. The "Really" book dishonestly fails to mention disfellowshipping while urging its readers

to be baptized.

Again, problem is this: anybody - even on the Governing Body - is going to be accused of apostasy if they advocate

nearly any change! In addition to this, they may have lost their opportunity to allow major change because they now

are becoming weak! Weakness means that they must fear making changes that would upset the publishers further.

It blocks the way to reform by reasoning that, despite losses, the safest course is to change nothing.

metatron

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

I agree with Metatron here.

IMO the word that describes the WTS today is STERN.

In other words: "Tactfully enforcing conpliance"

The Really book confirmed this to me with its doctrinal suffix.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

This religion is based on being different, and on the belief that the entire rest of christianity is going to be (physically and violently) wiped out on Judgement day. The anti-trinitarianism seperates JWs from the entire rest of christianity, along with the death on the torture stake, and the earthly paradise. JWs will never go mainstream, JW dubdom was designed to be different. That`s the basis of every cults agenda. To be different, special, chosen. There`s no way they`re going to loosen up, on the contrary. As another prediction fails, another doctrine-change becomes necessary (as armageddon never comes, all the annointed dies of old age, etc), and doctrine-changes can`t take place in a softened-up environment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit