how to deal with a break up.please help?

by fleaman uk 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

tal...do you remember lp records

i used to spend the day lying on the carpet with hundreds of vinyl records strewn about..you know you would play just one track off each and then not put them back in the sleeves until you couldnt walk without stepping on one

cds and mp3 players just dont compare

tijkmo of the ...blue pain fades until it doesnt fade..class

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Just got in from work and was moved by all your posts.Thank you all.Plenty to ponder on there!

I was gonna skive off cos felt so s**t,but got stuck in and was quite glad i did.The hangover wore off at about midday .Lol.Thank god i dont have to drive.

Yes ,reading People like utopian reformists story really puts things in perspective i know.Very good point.

Nosferatu...your course of action is probably nearest to the one i will take.Already booked in the Arse tattoos and c**k ring

Katie

You have a pm.

WLG

so do you.

Tij..thanks for the lyrics mate.

Everyone else..ya all rock!

Funny,i never really thought i would ever be the one needing support on a DB.

Thanks again.

• M.J.
    M.J.

I, like others, have been there myself. One movie that comforted and amused me at the same time, since it reminded my of myself, was Swingers. Great flick about a guy who was in an awful and pathetic state after breaking up with his longterm GF. If you haven't seen it I won't give away the end, except that he was "beginning to see the light".

Some song lyrics that were particularly meaninful during that time for me were from Garth Brooks' The Dance. Best wishes and I pray things get better for you very soon.

Looking back, on the memory of,
    The dance we shared, beneath the stars above,
    For a moment, all the world was right,
    How could I have known, that you'd ever say goodbye,
    And now, I'm glad I didn't know,
    The way it all would end, the way it all would go,
    Our lives, are better left to chance,
    I could have missed the pain,
    But I'd have had to miss, the dance.
    Holding you, I held everything
    For a moment, wasn't I the king.
    If I'd only known, how the king would fall.
    Well who's to say, you know I might have changed it all
    And now I'm glad I didn't know
    The way it all would end, the way it all would go
    Our lives are better left to chance,
    I could have missed the pain,
    But I'd have had to miss, the dance.
    Yes my life, is better left to chance,
    I could have missed the pain
    But I'd have had to miss, the dance

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It will take some time. But, I can guarantee you that if you occupy your time correctly, you will forget her and get to love again somebody else with the same or more intensity.

I speak from experience. Sorry you have to experience this heartbreak.

DY

• out of the box
    out of the box

Being in love means being vulnerable. We get down, and GET RIGHT BACK UP! I am on my third marriage. Not by my choice. But in each person I met I looked for BETTER than what I had. With lessons learned behind you, BETTER DOES COME ALONG, only THIS time you will recognize it!!!

out of the box

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Out of the box

Thats a brilliant way of looking at things.thanks.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I am on my third marriage. Not by my choice.

Just say, "The first two times were just for practice."

• ballistic
    ballistic

Katie, I've always wondered that myself.

• out of the box
    out of the box

katiekitten, Who would have thought that a small earing (ear???) could give you that much pleasure, and without having to do anything for it! Wow! I am too chicken to do anything like that, my luck, it would get infected or caught in something! OUCH!

fleamanuk, YES you NOW know HOW to recognize WHAT it is you are looking for!!! Isn't that great! Thanks for reply!

FlyingHighNow, That is what my husband (on his third marriage as well) and I say... the first two were practice and using up time until we could wake up, get smarter and RECOGNIZE each other when we met!!!

Hey, a SOUL MATE doesn't just pop up every day, and I had settled for less than that the first two times. I was not very smart at figuring out what I needed. I needed to get a little selfish and act like a __tch for a bit (some men TELL you what you want, and TELL you they are what you need). I MET one guy once who gave me his phone number, I gave him my work number. He called me at 10AM the next day all upset that I had not called him yet. I told him I was at work and was busy that day. He threw such a fit that I told him to throw my number away. He called a few more times after (I told receptionist to tell him I was in a meeting). Imagine if I had settled for 'someone else's' game or script, I could be there and miserable or yet dead. The point again, now that I have beaten it to death, is FIND OUT WHAT YOU NEED. Then, fill that need!

An old acquaintance of mine told me that his friend wanted to get married (a male). Well, it was between two women that he had dated. He decided that the gal who now lived out of state had a great ass (I am not kidding, this really happened!). So, he decided it would be her. I laughed and couldn't believe my ears! I ran into this guy a year later and asked if that guy ever married that girl. He said 'yes and they are having an awful time, she is such a __tch! I said, "well, he married an ass didn't he? What's he complaining about?" Precious moment, you had to be there to see the look on his face!

My husband and I met at work, and we became best friends first. Then, it grew over time. A couple of years later, we were living together (for 4 years, after all, I was gun-shy). Now we have been married 4 years and it is wonderful. I have known him 10 years and the more I know about him, the more I love and appreciate him.

I did ramble on... out of the box

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Katiekitten

That must have took er,Balls!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit