how to deal with a break up.please help?

by fleaman uk 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• avishai
    avishai

Go get around some friends, ASAP!! Seriously, if you can stay with a buddy, or have one stay w/ you for the next few days, it's a good idea. Not saying that you are in that bad of a spot, but you NEED support right now, from living, breathing friends. OK? Please get on the phone, do that, and come back and tell me you've done so.... We care about ya, buddy!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((flea)))))

I'm sorry. I've been there. Just be gentle on yourself. Take some time to grieve and treat yourself.

Andi

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

(((fleaman)))

I've had break-ups myself, been broken up, but never really thought about how to deal with it...just muddled through (rather badly too). So these are listed more as questions/possibilities than answers:

*Let yourself grieve and feel whatever you feel...but try not to obsess or cling to your grief
    *If it really is over then let it be over, let it end, let it go...don't try to drag it out or rehash it
    *Start over where you are, with yourself, with your friends, with the other things that are important to you
    *Love yourself and care for yourself the way you would like someone else to do

~Merry

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Shania

Thanks a lot...i know what you mean about wanting the heart to stop..i got pins and needles up my arm earlier and i was praying it was a heart attack!Stupid i know.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

All You Guys are great!

Thanks too all .

Daystar..i hear you and thats what i will probably eventually do.I certainly dont plan enetering a relationship any time soon!

Avishai

We,ve had our differances but your message really touched me.Thank you my friend.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

You poor thing.

It is all time. It is not a few days. It will take almost as long as you were together to get over it.

I am very sorry that you were going through this.

Brooke

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

it kind of made me laugh a bit when the google ads were advertising "find a girlfriend"underneath my post!

• Purza
    Purza

I remember the pain of breaking up. It is unimaginably painful and I am so sorry you have to go through it. Like others have mentioned, try to surround yourself with caring friends. Try hard not to isolate yourself so you give in to the pain. Don't listen to music that will bring you down. When I broke up with my then BF, I started listening to country music (not music I generally listen) to and I related to so many songs, that it took me forever to get out of my funk. Take each day as it comes and give yourself some time. Unfortunately there is no easy fix.

Purza

• Shania
    Shania

the bright side of a break-up is you lose weight, so your clothes fit better, sorry just thought I'd mention that Fleaman---------------get out and take a brisk walk it helps clear your head. I say that very motherly to you.

• avishai
    avishai

Dude, we may have had our differences, but that does'nt mean i don't like you. I respect your fire over and above many a wishy washy person. I'm waiting to hear that you've got some buddies over....

i would'nt suggest getting a new GF right off the bat, in jest or not, I know being a guy, that thought does pop up, no pun intended. Now, getting dressed up your best, and going out and letting them check out the Uber-hotness that is fleaman and what they've been missing...and to check out them in a few days...that's not a bad idea....even if you can't even think about other ladies right now, which, you may not be able too, it may be a good boost for your shattered self esteem.

Manly hugz (((((fleaman uk))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit