* Please Read Oct 1st WT –A WHOLE article about the dangers or university *

by truthseeker 23 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

And, just when I thought they had ligthened up a little on further eductaion.

What is most significant is that it is a main Watchtower study article.

Remember how the WTB&TS does its dirty business, often having a slightly ambiguous official line but a much harder from DOs & COs which filters down to local elders. So, whilst the article does not use expressions such as 'waste of time' and 'our youths should be out pioneering' it is certainity that these will be used by elders from the platform when it is studied.

Eyeslice

• Englishman
    Englishman

Her Ladyship commenced uni when she was 37. By the time she was in her mid-40's, her income as a lecturer, courtesy of her 3 years at uni, outstripped mine. Now I just work around 20 hours a week.

So I'm now available for pioneering, not needing full-time employment.

But I think I'll go up the pub instead.

Englishman.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Hi Gill, interesting comments.

The frat article is NOT part of the WT study article by the way!!!

It was intended to show that there are Christians who go to college, live on campus and do not engage in sexual misconduct, drugs or heavy drinking, which is what the Watchtower would like everyone to believe.

Apologies again for the format, I made this post in Word, and the formatting didn't carry over here.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It's sad that the only career for JW youths is the full time ministry.

While I didn't post the full article, paragraph 12 encourages youths to ask some challenging questions, such as "Am I making the full time ministry my career?"

Really, when you think about it, almost every JW youth COULD do this, if they really wanted to. But it's not interesting for the most part.

My friend went to Pioneer School about 3 years ago - all the witnesses who were in the Pioneer School mugshot from his congregation are no longer full time pioneers. Neither is he.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit