Your thoughts about Wal-mart

by desbah 64 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    Maybe I'm too picky, but I expect, for example, hamburger meat to be all red, not red wrapped around a core of grey.

The food section is sort of new at our Walmart, so maybe they're trying extra hard to get customers.

I will admit, the grocery area is the most busy part of the entire store. Even at 1am you have to fight to get down the aisles.

Coincidence?

• Princess
    Princess

Wal-mart smells funny.

I refuse to shop there.

The South Park episode about Wal-mart is a screamer. Everyone who dies, shits themselves.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I shop there and WM is customer of the company I work for. >another store near an ancient pyramid in mexico I have been told this is a rumour and the pyramid was not even close to the store

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

No...it wasn't "close" to the store but they were proposing paving over the pyramid with the endless sea of asphalt that stretchs for miles beyond their "double wide" entrance doors that they call a parking lot.

Around 200 shoppers queued for hours to be the first to enter the store, which is half a mile from the ancient Mexican pyramids at Teotihuacan.

"People need the well-being of their families more than culture," said one.

Environmental groups had argued that the store was too close to the ruins and would erode the local way of life.

While the Wal-Mart store was overflowing with shoppers on its opening day, a handful of local opponents kept a vigil outside the 2,000-year-old Teotihuacan pyramids.

They pledged to continue a protest that has drawn international attention and prompted a national debate.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

And what kind of self respecting homo likes WalMart? Didn't your partner get the memo that all Homos Union Local #83 were from henceforth to shop only at Target?

I dont care that much for Targay either. Their prices are higher and I don't like their selection. I just as soon go to Dollar Tree and what I dont get there, I will get at Krogers grocery store since that is the dominating grocery chain here and as a last resort, I will go to Wal Mart.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Wal-Mart sucks caulk. I despise that place with a passion, just makes my skin crawl.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I never shop there, Wal-Mart doesn't exist in my world...haha...they're going to build one near my house, it is supposed to be completed in a couple of years, and in this case I'm glad because the area they're building in sure needs *something*, it's blighted with strip clubs, hole-in-the-wall carryout places, prostitutes, etc.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Ho's gotta eat too ya know!

• Golf
    Golf

Would shutting down all wal-marts for a week cause havoc?

Golf

• M.J.
    M.J.

Hey Princess or other Washingtonian, has Wal-Mart expanded beyond Renton since I Iast visited? I couldn't believe how late it was coming to the Puget Sound area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit