Barf alert.......

by nicolaou 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

That's one of my favorite quotes!

• JCanon
    JCanon

BARF! Is right.

They used to say "do research, do research!" but not in the library, only in their publications. Now they are discouraging research except as filtered through them. Amazing.

I used to write the "Writing Department" often about questions or "errors" I had found and I got a clear message from them. If it is something they don't want to deal with. They don't answer you. If you've made an error or missed something (like I did once) they write you back showing you your error. One time they made an error in a main Watchtower study article that no one seemed to notice and I wrote them about it. They acknowledged the error and simply told me to "correct your personal copy" -- that was it! So if they can get away without correcting something, something that maybe nobody else noticed, they don't correct it. They want to seem God-inspired and thus as error-free as possible. I've stopped bothering. Plus they always send a copy of their letter to your local congregation! Interesting cult!

Thanks for this little "reality check" of how they really are. In a way they are saying, "Don't research the Bible yourself, let us do it. And follow our schedule for research, don't go looking up things of personal interest on your own." Wonder why?

JC

• Shining One
    Shining One

I am pleased when I meet a JW at my door or if I spot a car group.I keep handy an Awake from the previous times before the WBTS changed the 'promise' from Jehovah. This allows me to show them firsthand one of the falsehoods. If I can get them to sit down and look at a Watchtower article I let them 'teach', then when I hear a scripture out of context I go to work, often from their own Bible.
    Good post, friend.
    Rex

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The Magazines come do they?

For all the obsessive compulsive talk of masturbation in them, not one ever did.

HB

(of the "not wanting to experiment" class.)

and (of the "not wanting to pick anything up before I know where its been" class.)

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

if you have to tell someone to enjoy something, it is not enjoyable... that whole paragraph reminds me of a guy trying to get with a chick... talking her in to it...

bethel minute

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

It's worth remembering that 'dumbing down' isn't completely new.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Goodcatch Nic at the time.

It is amazing to think that more than one (real) generation of JW's has been born and has grown up since then having taken on board the idea that they need not research or question anything for themselves.

Hence we have the non-thinking, 2nd or 3rd generation, drones of today who are able only to spout nonsense they have been spoon-fed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit