Barf alert.......

by nicolaou 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Relax, just listen to the tone of my voice. Accept what I say and when I click my fingers do just as I command . . . . . .

*** w67 6/1 p. 338 Move Ahead with Jehovah’s Organization ***

We may think of study as hard work, as involving heavy research. But in Jehovah’s organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this, these preparing the good material in The Watchtower and other publications of the Society. But you do not study enough? Take this suggestion: Often the very best and most beneficial studying you do is that done when you read a new Watchtower or Awake! or a new book with the joy of getting the new truths and a fresh view. You remember the points. You talk enthusiastically to others about them. So try this: Pick up each Watchtower or Awake! as it comes and read it, just for the joy and pleasure it gives. Remember, you are not sitting down to study, just to enjoy the information.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Eesh - let us research for you...

I also love the term "new truth"...cuz the old ones are crap? I honestly didn't know truth had a shelf-life.

Also gotta love to just read the current ones - don't bother with those old mags.

is right!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    But in Jehovah’s organization it is not necessary to spend a lot of time and energy in research, for there are brothers in the organization who are assigned to do that very thing, to help you who do not have so much time for this.

This is probably one of the most patronizing sentences I've read in a long time. It also reminds me of the history of the Catholic church. When they said that the only ones "qualified" to read the bibles were the priests.

No kidding on the barf alert! Blech.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Oh my God, I am going to hurl!!! My skin crawling, my hair is standing up, and I feel nauseous.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    ... getting the new truths and a fresh view.

Changing doctrines is just like recycling toilet paper.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the hypnotist in vegas did the same thing

you look down the beach, you see the finest women you have ever seen... you really want her....

oh, my bad, its really a dude....

you could see the hypontized guy become visibly repulsed... like he really was seeing...

and the light gets brighter till the dawning of day-- what seems like a hill now looks like a house

which is why we must adjust our doctrine from time to time as we get closer to the end....

oh my bad, we were looking at a pile of manure....

• JH
    JH

Simply turn your brain "Off" and join us....

• Emma
    Emma

Creepy; repulsive.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I wonder if they'll start chewing our food for us too?

Come to think of it... they can wipe my ass while they're at it...

u/d(of the not invalid yet class)

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Pick up each Watchtower or Awake! as it comes

What's this "as it comes . . " crap? How's this work? Mine quit "coming" years ago. Now it's more like "as you chase them down".
    I picked up two Awake! magazines from the ground near the doors of my apartments last week along with the weekly penny shopper. Normal way to deliver a piece of trash literature. Odd way to deliver precious truths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit