Job Interview-Help with specific question

by Purza 17 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Confused:

The answer you gave is the politically correct one and probably the one I would use. That is what an employer wants to hear.

I feel sorry for what people have to go through nowadays when applying for a job. They get asked to fill out insulting questionnaires like that which are really designed to weed out morons and sociopaths. I call them "idiot tests".

I long for the good old days when you just filled out the application, got interviewed and accepted, started work and then got your paycheck on Friday.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Just say that you've found that usually you are the difficult one to deal with.

I've had to deal with a difficult co-worker in the past. At first I tried to be pleasent, then I tried to be professional, after these two things didn't work, I avoided him except for when I needed to directly contact him for something, and if he gave me a difficult time, I informed the employer as he was hampering my work. You don't have to get along with anyone, and there are always people who are going to rub you the wrong way, however if you treat them civilly, most times they won't give you too hard of a time.

Kwin

• Purza
    Purza
    Just say that you've found that usually you are the difficult one to deal with. ;

What a GREAT idea.

Thanks jgnat -- I really appreciate your insight. Unfortunately I don't have the time for a course like that as my interview is on Monday and I will be working my a** off this weekend on a house we are trying to sell. I know that this interview is going to be with an oral board of three people. And I agree that thanking the receptionist or HR person is a must!

I always confine my answer to work situations, which is what they are really interested in.

Right hmike -- business related. Will keep that in mind.

long for the good old days when you just filled out the application, got interviewed and accepted, started work and then got your paycheck on Friday.

Yep, just like I have now. Sigh. . . But in this case, I think the agony is worth it. I will give it my best shot.

Thanks everyone.

Purza

• Purza
    Purza

Thanks again to all who responded. The interview went extremely well this morning and they DIDN'T EVEN ASK THE DIFFICULT CO-WORKER QUESTION!!!!!

Anyway, I should know by the end of the week.

Keeping my fingers crossed (and sending out thank you notes)

Purza

• outnfree
    outnfree

Just saw this, Purza, but wishing you well!

• defd
    defd

Tell them you are a JW and you would shower such an individual with love. You will sure to get hired then

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Thanks again to all who responded. The interview went extremely well this morning and they DIDN'T EVEN ASK THE DIFFICULT CO-WORKER QUESTION!!!!!

So what are they paying sanitation worker's these days?

• Purza
    Purza
    Tell them you are a JW and you would shower such an individual with love.

This is for a city job and they asked how I would react if I agreed with one council member over another. I told them that "I was raised in a background that encouraged neutrality" etc. So maybe my past life as a JW WILL be helpful.

So what are they paying sanitation worker's these days?

Does it really matter? It is never enough to clean up someone else's sh*t.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit