Why 1914 is utterly true (and so is 607 B.C.E.)

by Terry 66 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Just up & top rank on the news wire

News Results

Page 1 of 103 results containing jehovah (0.10 seconds)

Results

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

F'n great post, thanks Terry.

• Quentin
  • Terry
    Terry

Great and accurate portrait of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, Quentin!

I think this should be on the splash banner of JWD!!

T.

• Terry
    Terry
    " When I read some of that older stuff from our magazines and publications, I still feel a profound sense of "The Truth " - despite the inaccuracies of a little that has been said"

None so blind? is that not the expression???

It is the rhythm of that awkward "sweet talk" that only a seasoned JW can even understand which is so soothing to your friend's ear.

Examine the language of Watchtower articles. The construction of sentences is the most consciously constructed and inferential I've encountered since Karl Marx.

Everywhere you will find the operation of "cues". These cues trigger responses from the devout JW. The changes made by Watchtower-speak in the definitions of words cause the Pavlovian reaction in the reader.

Watchtower-speak is chock full o' slogans. These slogans are hypnotic and repetitious cues also.

Combined with the drone of weekly meetings and constant reinforcement you have what George Orwell was warning about: mind control by a central authority through the manipulation of language whose content has been emptied of actuality.

Ignorance is strength

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

The Jehovah's Witness faithful remain ignorant of all facts not spoon fed to them by the Governing Body and regard that as their source of strength.

Armageddon is the lynch-pin of their rationale since it destroys all their imaginary enemies and brings peace to "mankind" i.e. JW's.

Freedom to enjoy life and be a part of your community of fellow citizens in building a future is regarded as disastrous and only being one of Jehovah's slaves is considered a worthy way of spending your time and energy.

Watchtower-speak is very very dangerous.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thanks...redid it twice to get what I wanted...

• Terry
    Terry

If only we could harness the power of creativity here on JWD to actually DO SOMETHING to shake the Bethel Boys with more shocks on the Richter scale instead of the gentle erosions ongoing.

At least Danny H stays busy!

T.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Terry, Sorry, please ignore this post. Got called away. Will get back later.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Brilliantly done, Terry. A masterpiece, in my opinion, and definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing.

• Terry
    Terry
    Brilliantly done, Terry. A masterpiece, in my opinion, and definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing.

Sigh, I'd do it all differently now, though. Alas! Thanks.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit