Halloween - Are you celebrating?

by Nellie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

First of all, paganism isn't satanism. If you believe that I'm sure there is nothing I can say to dispell it, but I can tell you that only a tiny subset are satan worshipers and they will self identify that way. The rest of us (probably about 99%) don't even believe in satan, let alone worship him. He is a judeo/christian concoction and you all are welcome to him. The link that was supplied earlier is a right-wing viewpoint which skews history (as always) to their belief system. Here's a better one:

http://www.neopagan.net/Halloween-Origins.html

Sherry

• Nellie
    Nellie

Wow! I feel like I opened up a can of worms.

Costumes, candy and friends does sound like fun. But I exit stage left when you add that dash of satanism!

Obviously, you can dress up in non-satanic costumes and try to make it all cute and cuddly. But I just don't know if I want the association.

I really enjoyed the comment that asked, "If I were never a JW, would I do it?" That's a great question - I think even if I were never a JW, I'd still be uncomfortable associating with satanic stuff. I guess I find this a little too close for comfort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit