Halloween - Are you celebrating?

by Nellie 41 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    The modern custom of going from door to door asking for food and candy goes back to the time of the Druids.

This sounds interesting. Can you show me the evidence of this custom originating with the druids?

steve

• heathen
    heathen

I vaguely remember reading the WTBTS publication on halloween and it was pretty freaky stuff . I'll bet you can find something on the web . In fact I'm going to do a search and see what's out there. edited to add this link ---

http://www.exposingsatanism.org/halloween.htm
  • roybatty
    roybatty

nice pic Buttlight. Hope to see you at my door next Halloween.

• Es
    Es

Halloween isnt a big deal in Australia so unfortunately no es

• delilah
    delilah

I remember as a small girl, before my parents converted to JWdum, my parents friends took us out on Hallowe'en....they scared the bejeesus out of us, so after that, it was not my favorite holiday. To this day, I don't care for it, but I take my kids out in the neighbourhood, and it's fun to meet up with the neighbours and chit-chat, have a quick drinky-poo on their step....my husband stays home to dole out the goodies, he LOVES it, gets all decked out....and of course the kids make out like they've robbed the candy store each year, lol..

Delilah

• Sparkplug
  • Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Why is my picture pasted at the top of the thread over the title and such. How do I fix it?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

halloween???????

im just getting over christmas

and i didnt even celebrate it

• Dustin
    Dustin

Not only is it my favorite holiday, but it's my wife's birthday as well. It will be one wild party!!

• JH
    JH
    It will be one wild party!!

Lets make a Halloween party....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit