Allow myself to introduce....myself

by pele38 59 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

not the administrater: Abig HELLO to you sorry I must have missed your first post

Pele A big hello to you too. I spent 20 of my adult years in the org, and started fading last year.

How old are your kids, if you dont get out for yourself do it for the kids. Unfortunitly my daughter is still in

My sister is in the same boat as you, at the moment shes really down cos she has no friends and shed really like to get married again but theirs a hugh shortage of brothers out there.

Im trying to encourage her to see the org for what it is

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Pele- welcome to the site.This site's a bit of an eye-opener isnt it? I really liked your first post cos it remeinded me of when I first logged on here- it seems like years ago when it was only a couple of months!

I hope that like me you find this an incredibly refreshing place to visit. 'Crisis of Conscience' is the best book to start with, I read it with my mouth open most of the time . I havent got to 'In Search of Christian Freedom' yet, but thats the follow up.

You are the best footballer ever, by the way... and I liked your part in 'Escape to Victory'

anewme- welcome to the site, I hadnt noticed you before (sorry)

Wow- all these newbies... this site just gets bigger and better.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Welcome Pele! It's always nice to get new people in, hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Damselfly

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

Welcome Pele.

DL76

• pele38
    pele38

Thanks again for the welcome guys, and just to answer a few enquiries my children are still very young. I have a daughter who is 6 and a son who is 4 and what is becoming quite evidentis that when they visit their dad and we attend the meetings they are bored to tears. They are at the age where they are starting to express what they want and nowadays when they are with me they basically complian about going to meetings on Sundays. It's actually affecting their visits they tend to request that I send them home (back to their mom) early. I truly think that if the society really wants to do something for young ones, they should consider having a seperate services. You're really asking allot for a 4 and 6 year old to sit through 2 hours of a monotonous meeting with no breaks or outlet for them tointeract with others closer to their age. One other thing that really is starting to bother me about the Kingdom Hall. They always preach about bringing new ones to the Hall, inviting Return visits into the Hall etc.., yet when strangers or new people do actually visit how many brothers or sisters do you see actually walk up to these ones and introduce themselves? I could sometimes count on one hand the amount of people who do approach visitors and make them welcome. Shouldn't the elders and ministerial servants spearhead this? Many times I will see vistors come into the hall, nad leave without one person coming over to make them feel welcome. You go to almost any other church in christendom and they practically roll out the red carpet for you. Anyone else experience the same thing?

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

"

Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom by Raymond Franz", i'll definetly look for that book, and if you have any sources please let me know.

These are excellent. Also Captives of a concept (Don Cameron) and the Watchtower Quotes website is a must. http://quotes.watchtower.ca/index.htm

Warm Welcomes to Not the Admisistrator and Pele. Sorry I missed NtA's intro, Ive been away a lot.

Great to have you both! BTW, I was never a JW but close friends have just been baptised into it - grooaaan!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome pele!

look forward to seeing you around.

cheers,

TS

• daystar
    daystar

'lo! *wave*

Welcome to the board. Your experience, while unique, is not unusual with the Organization. You're among friends here.

• Rubyvixen
    Rubyvixen

Hi there!

I just joined yesterday after reading these boards for a few years. The people here are awesome...really good community.

Nice to see you here as well :)

• Ellie
    Ellie

Hello and welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit