Mom says, "CO says there's only 15 years left!"

by Separation of Powers 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The strange thing is that all us ex-JWs have vivid memories of it all and yet if you ask current JWs about it they will feign having no recollection whatsoever.

I can recall a discussion about the 1975 thing with my sister and her version of what happened was very different than mine. They say memory is not reliable as it is very selective. I think from my sisters point of view she only remembers the positive things about the religion and chooses subconsciously to forget the negative things. Again when a person has two conflicting belief systems going on, they will choose one or the other. It is a social network for them and to know admit that their train of thought is wrong they would have to deny the last 50 - 60 years of their belief system.

That CO that said the 15 years time line I would say is someone that is now in the 50 to 70 age group and knows his days are numbered. I would say it is his ego and the fear of death that he thinks he is that important that this world cannot exist without him. I think that is the only way he can go on pushing the religion. I did notice with my parents although they would never admit it, we were not supposed to die in this system, the last few years of their life when they knew the reality was that they were going to die, I noticed that it was like their spirit was crushed. I know to their grave they never gave up the hope but it is so sad to think that all your life you chase a dream only to realize in the end it was all a lie.

• Simon
    Simon
    We got there by traveling in our 1941 Chevrolet 2-door sedan (on its third engine).

So that's why those American cars were so huge - they had three engines, 2 of them spare! LOL

Our Reliant Robin only had one little one and it slowed down while going up the hills on the way to Sheffield.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

This system is only getting worse.  When the CO was here, he said that 'we believe that the system can't go on more than 15 years!

The "Only System" that Won`t Last 15 years is the "WBT$ System"..

The WBT$ is Constantly Morphing.

THE NEXT WBT$ REINCARNATION COULD LOOK LIKE THIS..                                                                     http://www.cornwallramada.com/controls/FckEditor/editor/filemanager/userfiles/watchtower%20logo%20small(1).jpg

• freddo
    freddo

@Village Idiot

I remember the Adam and Eve "gap" - if I recall correctly it really was heard about in '76 and '77 and was used to explain away failed expectations of 1975 - before jw's all went completely over to "the generation that saw 1914" and so 1984 and then 1994 were the back stop years - but not explicitly stated.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C
    In 1975 I was 12 years old (of the never-going-to-graduate-high-school generation). I grew up in the L.A. area and I remember that talk that Village Idiot speaks of. I, too, remember the Adam and Eve "gap" explanation and the crazy idea that Adam might start looking at the animals longingly if Eve hadn't been created sooner than later.

However, even at that young age I used to wonder, "The angels, as well as Satan, were there to witness when Adam and Eve were created, so they would know the time of Armageddon if it were based on that. But the bible says no one knows the day nor hour..." 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit