The Watchtower's Latest Stupid Annoucement

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad
    1 Cor. 5:9-11

"In my letter I wrote you to quit mixing in company with fornicators, not meaning entirely

with the fornicators of this world or the greedy persons and extortioners or idolaters.

Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. But now I am writing you to

quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy

person or an idolater..... not even eating with such a man."

my mother quoted this to me once when she told me she no longer could "associate" with me---we had just spent a Saturday afternoon together on my birthday and she called me the following week with this crap. I always wondered why the WT always focused on this particular passage when it came to enforcing their stupid shunning rule. How does that passage fare against this one?

12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

• minimus
    minimus

Christ's words are obsolete with the apostle Paul's "new light".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The Governing Body are composed of a bunch of old braindead bigots, they are desparate and they will not show mercy, they are in a fight to the finish in which they will eventually lose.

I personally think, they will get tougher as time goes on and many will leave,, they will not change, hopefull many will die shortly, most of them are well past the average male life span, thier brains probably lack sufficient blood flow to make good discisions, they are can't think clearly because they are set in thier ways and are shelter from much of the sorrow thier discisions cause, they view the world and anyone who apposes them as evil, and therefore feel justified in taking harsh measures to protect "God Organization". Lets all pray that nature hurries up and takes its course and many of the meanest bastards drop dead soon, this may spare much sorrow.

• The Thinker
    The Thinker

The thing is that when someone is DFed we are expected to think the worst, that he/she is a gross and unrepentant sinner, we can hear an annocement about someone who has being a good freind to us for many years that they have being DFed and we are not allowed to ask why? if we do ask why was he DFed we may get the some punishment, its not christanity. We get more justice from 'satans' world, if someone gets 20 years jail we can ask why? and we can even checkout all the evidence and the courts have a public seatings too so there is no doudt as to why the judgement was received, we don't get that openness from "Gods" org.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

I have been an atheist for many years, so pardon me if I am rusty with biblical quotes...but how does the WT justify their DF/DA policy with the scripture that runs something along the lines of 'and does not the shepherd leave his flock, to go and find one lost sheep' or something along that line? It also continues with 'when he hath found it, he says unto his neighbors, rejoice with me, for I have found that which was lost' or something to that effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit